7/18/19 - Sox/Royals Gamethread

DirtySox

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

lol, right on cue. (Waits for "I was in a meeting, just got back in front of my computer) 😜

Actually listening to the amazing Sox broadcast in the car (don’t worry, I’m not driving and texting).  I’m not even mad about the game, there’s literally one person  on the field that even matters and he’s having a good game. The Chicago Dogs probably have more players on the field today in two years than the Sox do.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

You just can't expect things even could go well with Detwiler on the mound. I can't wait for this rebuild to be over so you can actually root and expect to win, especially vs. crap like the Royals.

Would you rather they win today and Moncada continue his slump or lose and Moncada play well?  It’s a no brainer to me.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Would you rather they win today and Moncada continue his slump or lose and Moncada play well?  It’s a no brainer to me.

I really doubt one game vs. KC in July is going to determine Yoan Moncada's future fate. This good loss for the rebuild crap is crap. It isn't one game or one week's results. It's long term, and the Sox will need more than Moncada being good to be g good team. What's good for the rebuild is as many players playing well as possible and that actually leads to wins.How did owning the Royals work for Matt Davidson?

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I really doubt one game vs. KC in July is going to determine Yoan Moncada's future fate. This good loss for the rebuild crap is crap. It isn't one game or one week's results. It's long term, and the Sox will need more than Moncada being good to be g good team. What's good for the rebuild is as many players playing well as possible and that actually leads to wins.How did owning the Royals work for Matt Davidson?

But there’s possibly only one guy in today’s lineup that is starting next year. Why would Castillo doing well today and leading them to a win help them next year?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

But there’s possibly only one guy in today’s lineup that is starting next year. Why would Castillo doing well today and leading them to a win help them next year?

So if Moncada went 0-4 with 4 k's, would that be a devastating blow to the rebuild? I prefer to watch them play well myself. Besides, if the draft another Madrigal, people complain, too little not enough power, every team plays him like a pitcher. If they use their losing to draft Vaughn, can only play 1B. is only 5'10".....At least winning makes more people happy than whoever the prize is for losing.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So if Moncada went 0-4 with 4 k's, would that be a devastating blow to the rebuild? I prefer to watch them play well myself. Besides, if the draft another Madrigal, people complain, too little not enough power, every team plays him like a pitcher. If they use their losing to draft Vaughn, can only play 1B. is only 5'10".....At least winning makes more people happy than whoever the prize is for losing.

I would enjoy it if they continued from the first half also, but this roster right now just isn’t competitive. 

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

It says foul bunt on game day for the first pitch of Yoans AB. 

Is that true? If so, W T F

He bunted foul on the 1st pitch.  Booth guessing he was trying for a hit.  My reaction was WTF too.

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

He bunted foul on the 1st pitch.  Booth guessing he was trying for a hit.  My reaction was WTF too.

Even if it was his call, someone needs to get in his ear and tell him he's one of the better hitters in baseball so stop. 

Just now, mqr said:

Even if it was his call, someone needs to get in his ear and tell him he's one of the better hitters in baseball so stop. 

Yep, even if it wasn’t Ricky’s call, this is where more of the low baseball IQ crap we’ve seen comes into play.

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

2 on, 0 out for the heart of the order and can't score.  Outstanding.

Until we start hitting, maybe it should not be called the heart of the order....maybe the spleen or the appendix?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I win the prize of further outlining that you have no idea what you're talking about.  

I will tell you what Mr. Baseball if you are correct I will make a $25 donation to a pet charity, and if you are correct you do not have to give anything, even you Mr. Baseball would like that I think, and talk is cheap.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic