7/18/19 - Sox/Royals Gamethread

DirtySox

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Until we start hitting, maybe it should not be called the heart of the order....maybe the spleen or the appendix?

It takes a lot of hitting to overcome a starting staff that most have an era over 5.  Maybe the Yankees Murderer's Row.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

It takes a lot of hitting to overcome a starting staff that most have an era over .500.  Maybe the Yankees Murderer's Row.

I don't deny that, but you have to admit that the offense has been pretty craptastic since the All Star break as well.

The one excuse the Sox organization keeps using to explain the slump is that Timmy being out has hurt them on and off the field.  That is such crap and it’s disappointing to hear guys like Stone continue to repeat it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The one excuse the Sox organization keeps using to explain the slump is that Timmy being out has hurt them on and off the field.  That is such crap and it’s disappointing to hear guys like Stone continue to repeat it. 

That's one task in which Hahn excels:  spinning out the excuses.   

Just now, fathom said:

But coming up in the 8th inning, stay tuned for an exciting segment where Benetti asks Yolmer what is his favorite vegetable.

Right now those segments are the best part of the last six games so keep it up, I don't mind

But coming up in the 8th inning, stay tuned for an exciting segment where Benetti asks Yolmer what is his favorite vegetable.

At this point they have to know the're going to non-tender him this offseason.  Stop running him out there every damn day.  

"Jicama, huh.  That's an interesting choice from the root vegetable family.  You ever have a Jicama, Stoney?"

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

At this point they have to know the're going to non-tender him this offseason.  Stop running him out there every damn day.  

Oh please, they will tender him and keep him around as Madrigal’s “mentor”

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Right now those segments are the best part of the last six games so keep it up, I don't mind

I prefer the “stay tuned for an exciting Sox comeback” commercial heading into the 9th of an 11-0 game 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic