7/18/19 - Sox/Royals Gamethread

DirtySox

27th In ERA, 29th in fielding, 23rd In OPS but probably end up getting passed by KC and StL by the end of the day (718 vs 717) to fall to 25th

Actually 14th In batting average, highlighting the weakness of that measure 

But just 28th In runs scored...

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, flavum said:

September 10-12, battle for the season series with the Royals. 8-8 if the Sox don't come back in the 9th. 

I miss the days when you’d come up some almost plausible optimistic burns the Sox would have to go on to catch the division leaders.  Those days are long gone.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If Seattle wins by 4 or more tonight, we’re the third worst team in baseball by run differential but still likely to end up picking 6th-8th next June.

Wait, the season is over after tonite!?!?  DAMN WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Wait, the season is over after tonite!?!?  DAMN WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME

Without Anderson and Jimenez...and McCann tailing off, we probably have the most boring offense in baseball.   Moncada and Abreu are the last two legit hitters remaining (for now.)

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Without Anderson and Jimenez...and McCann tailing off, we probably have the most boring offense in baseball.   Moncada and Abreu are the last two legit hitters remaining (for now.)

Man, I didn't know those guys were done for the season either.  This thread is learnin me all kinds of things

1 minute ago, Richie said:

It's AJ Reed's world now. We're living in it.

I'm not sure if I want him to work out because it'd help the team, or because it would be reassuring to outsmart the Astros. 

Edit: I assumed I was behind on him getting a hit or something :(

Edited by mqr

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic