7/18/19 - Sox/Royals Gamethread

DirtySox

15 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Girardi be taking over for Maddon when the Cubs fail to win the WS this year.

Given how St. Theo treated Renteria, he's probably already told Joe the job is his.

No accomplished manager will be taking over for two reasons:

(1) Reinsdorf is not paying.

(2) Don Cooper has to be retained.

Cooper needs a promotion out of this job.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Girardi be taking over for Maddon when the Cubs fail to win the WS this year.

Given how St. Theo treated Renteria, he's probably already told Joe the job is his.

No accomplished manager will be taking over for two reasons:

(1) Reinsdorf is not paying.

(2) Don Cooper has to be retained.

I'd be perfectly happy if the Sox were consistently in the bottom half of the league in manager salary. 

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

Hope like hell you aren't making comments like this again this time next year. 

Of course. They better be ready to rock and roll next year. Anything less than 80 wins in 2020 is a failure. 

2020 is a quasi-development year where they should be developing players and contending simultaneously. I'm ok if they fall just short of a wild card but I do expect them to be at least .500

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

He almost is as fast as Durham, but he just doesn’t like to steal bases.   Not cool to play the game that way anymore, I guess.  

Robert probably ends up the same way, too much fear of injuries.

That's a pretty good point. I didn't think about that about why fast guys aren't stealing bases, but you probably are right. Not cool and could pull a hammy on the plant and take-off.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Of course. They better be ready to rock and roll next year. Anything less than 80 wins in 2020 is a failure. 

2020 is a quasi-development year where they should be developing players and contending simultaneously. I'm ok if they fall just short of a wild card but I do expect them to be at least .500

I agree that 81 wins-500  should be the goal next year. But that would not be contending for a WC.  Probably 92-94 would be WC territory. 

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is the part of the program when someone comes in and says, " Rebuilds are not linear.  You don't go from 60 to 70 to 80 wins, etc."

This is not hyperbole question. Considering how pathetic the Royals are, was this four-game sweep one of the five most embarrassing series in Chicago White Sox history? Somebody should be fired tonight. I guess since it was on the road, maybe not. If it was in Chicago, for sure. I still think it could be one of the worst series in franchise history.

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This is not hyperbole question. Considering how pathetic the Royals are, was this four-game sweep one of the five most embarrassing series in Chicago White Sox history? Somebody should be fired tonight. I guess since it was on the road, maybe not. If it was in Chicago, for sure. I still think it could be one of the worst series in franchise history.

July 6, 2007 - The Minnesota Twins scored 32 runs and hammered eight home runs in a day / night twin bill at U.S. Cellular Field winning 20-14 and 12-0. It was a low point for a franchise that was World Series champions less than two years earlier.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

July 6, 2007 - The Minnesota Twins scored 32 runs and hammered eight home runs in a day / night twin bill at U.S. Cellular Field winning 20-14 and 12-0. It was a low point for a franchise that was World Series champions less than two years earlier.

Yes but was that a four game sweep was my question.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic