Charlie Tilson Optioned to Charlotte

TomPickle

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's going to be a pitcher. With Garcia unable to play SS Goins has taken Tilson's spot. 

So Goins = Tilson and "A Pitcher" = Eloy?

Not saying it won't be a pitcher, but that doesn't really track if you're trying to fit specific pieces. Also, there are a couple pitchers they could release/put on the IL if they wanted a pitcher.

They have 13 pitchers already so another one doesn't make sense to me. Engel makes sense positionally, but also doesn't really make sense because why would we want Engel up? Have they just decided Tilson can't hit either so we might as well have Engel up for his defense? Could it be Tim Anderson?

Just now, danman31 said:

They have 13 pitchers already so another one doesn't make sense to me. Engel makes sense positionally, but also doesn't really make sense because why would we want Engel up? Have they just decided Tilson can't hit either so we might as well have Engel up for his defense? Could it be Tim Anderson?

Merkin said yesterday that Anderson will need a rehab assignment before returning. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

14 pitchers and a 2 man bench?  I kind of doubt that.  

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

That leaves 2 players on the bench. I can’t see that happening without additional moves.

Tired bullpen and it would just be for a few days until TA is (likely, and hopefully) back. 

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Wouldn't it be something if Robert was called up? I'm not expecting it but I would like to see it.

Charlotte plays in Buffalo in a couple hours. I’m sure Robert will be in the lineup. We’ll see who is not- Adam Engel or Paulo Orlando.

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why the fuck he was in CF the other night instead of Cordell we'll never know.  His late call on that ball cost eloy a couple weeks and could have cost him much more.

They need to see what each prospect has and if they can be part of the future, even as a 4th OF.