Charlie Tilson Optioned to Charlotte

TomPickle

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

I am hoping for two things: Tilson never plays another inning for the White Sox and he ends up on the Cubs.

He got his chance and failed. He's done. Next. The Zack Duke for Charlie Tilson trade will go down as blah.

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

Did you know that the first trade Rick Hahn made as a Rebuild GM was for Charlie Tilson.

He's just that good.

At the risk of getting yelled at for not looking it up, how has Duke been since we traded him to St. Looie? I was no big Zack Duke guy.

14 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Charlie is a 25th kind of guy.  Just as well he works on his game in Charlotte.

25th+ guy...he will probably be back in the show when someone gets hurt to fill in.  I like him, probably because he's a lifelong Sox fan, but he is what he is and not more.  I hope he likes Charlotte or Omaha or whatever AAA affiliate he plays for the majority of the rest of his career.  Then let him come home when he retires and take over for Mike Huff at the Bulls/Sox academy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomPickle said:

So Goins = Tilson and "A Pitcher" = Eloy?

Not saying it won't be a pitcher, but that doesn't really track if you're trying to fit specific pieces. Also, there are a couple pitchers they could release/put on the IL if they wanted a pitcher.

They've played with 12 position players majority of the past like 5 years. Its fine.

Edited by soxfan2014

Meh, all three of Cordell, Engel, and Tilson just suck at baseball. And all three are at/near what should be their [snicker] "primes," given them being 26-27 years old. They don't have youth on their side, and they haven't taken advantage of having a chance to play at this level.

I had wanted to see what Cordell and Tilson can do, given that Adam Engel has been given [no shit] 857 MLB PAs to produce a cumulative -0.6 fWAR. But alas, neither Cordell, nor Tilson have seized the opportunity, in all honesty. And no, I don't blame Tilson for the lack of coaching that led to Eloy not knowing to defer to the CF on that play.

But, what'll be entertaining [to me] is once Engel is back, how many posters will still opine, "if he can ONLY hit a little bit...."

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

14 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

Exactly the way this season is going. Sinking fast. This is looking more and more like it could be one of the worse second halves in the history of the franchise 

Man, I don't think you needed to explain the Titanic was.