WBWSF

I never thought for one minute that the White Sox would sign Harper/Machado this past off season. I also didn't think this 2019 season would be a winning season. Still. this 7 game losing streak (of which 4 of the losses were to the Royals) is just pathetic. This losing on purpose and the owners making millions of dollars isn't right. This ownership could care less that this team is losing as long as they are making tons of money. Keep in mind that Forbes said the White Sox were the 6th most profitable team in MLB last season. I'm expecting the 2019 White Sox will make even more money for this ownership in 2019. There is absolutely no accountability for this mess. Being a season ticket holder, I'm finding it harder to go to these games knowing that the team is going to lose year after year. If we had a owner who cared about winning both Hahn and Renteria would be gone. I just don't see this situation getting better anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, WBWSF said:

I never thought for one minute that the White Sox would sign Harper/Machado this past off season. I also didn't think this 2019 season would be a winning season. Still. this 7 game losing streak (of which 4 of the losses were to the Royals) is just pathetic. This losing on purpose and the owners making millions of dollars isn't right. This ownership could care less that this team is losing as long as they are making tons of money. Keep in mind that Forbes said the White Sox were the 6th most profitable team in MLB last season. I'm expecting the 2019 White Sox will make even more money for this ownership in 2019. There is absolutely no accountability for this mess. Being a season ticket holder, I'm finding it harder to go to these games knowing that the team is going to lose year after year. If we had a owner who cared about winning both Hahn and Renteria would be gone. I just don't see this situation getting better anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong.

if you wish to make a statement call your ticket rep and say you aren't renewing if you feel the only reason the team is out there is to make money. Not saying you're wrong but it seems strange that you feel the way you do yet have shelled out a lot of money on season tickets for a bad product.

I would say if they don't spend a bunch of money this off season you have every right to be upset.  This is another rebuilding year and we got destroyed by injuries.  Next year should be really interesting and I am fairly certain our roster and rotation is going to be vastly improved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I would say if they don't spend a bunch of money this off season you have every right to be upset.  This is another rebuilding year and we got destroyed by injuries.  Next year should be really interesting and I am fairly certain our roster and rotation is going to be vastly improved.

The White Sox should have obtained some starting pitching this past off season. I t could have made this season a much more successful  year.

7 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The White Sox should have obtained some starting pitching this past off season. I t could have made this season a much more successful  year.

Well, they knew they weren't ready to compete this year.  I don't really blame them for not spending money for a wasted season.  They have a payroll of like 26 million next year if they keep Colome and Herrera.  They have nothing but money and almost all of our core is on rookie deals.

9 minutes ago, Drwhoo1 said:

Ok, I don’t get it. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? The same stuff written over and over again. How are people confused about what is going on. Very frustrating really

WBWSF does this same song and dance every year just nod and move on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

I would feel better if they were losing on purpose.  They really are playing this bad.

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

Being a season ticket holder, I'm finding it harder to go to these games knowing that the team is going to lose year after year.

The Sox have done something I didn't think possible. Make me not care. I would think if I don't care (rabid fan) then hundreds of thousands of people don't care. I realize unabashed winning suddenly will make people care (Sox hope so) in this day and age of one-minute attention spans and front-running. Yet ... Fathom would tell you that losing 4 straight to the KC Royals in past years would have sent me over the deep end, screaming, probably getting banned on here. Now? Only think I'm trying to do now is find out what Ned Yost said about NASA during this series. It's getting a lot of play. How can you care when a guy named Detweiler is starting and Covey the first reliever? And a lineup that includes Cordell, Jay, Goins, Reed and Castillo. WOW!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Drwhoo1 said:

The rebuild is going exactly as it was planned ...

I will give Hahn credit for not boasting much when we hit .500 that one day and were a game or two behind for so long. It's like he knew he better shut up cause this was coming and our descent to crap was just a matter of time with this roster. And to be fair some injuries.

1 hour ago, BackDoorBreach said:

They'll sign guys from the NL that can't adjust to the AL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

WBWSF does this same song and dance every year just nod and move on 

I do the same song and dance every year because the team is bad every year. If the team had some degree of success I wouldn't do the same song and dance.

4 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I do the same song and dance every year because the team is bad every year. If the team had some degree of success I wouldn't do the same song and dance.

Hey man I so look forward to you telling me every year that you are a season ticket holder and you have just about had it!

To start with, this is not a rah rah speech. I’m not here drinking the koolaid but stating the way it is. This team has a plan and has stuck to it. Where the confusion is, I don’t know. Did everyone think, Hahn was going to wave a wand and poof, contender. If there was not an end, I could see it but everyone knows what Hahn and friends were doing. 1 minute, everyone wants to have them progress in the minors, the other is to bring them all up now. Pretty funny, honestly. 

I like the way you write Greg, even though I don’t agree with you. This team is crap. No doubt about it. But next year, 7 of 9 roster spots and basically all the starting pitching spots will be accounted for. They need to play. I could care less what this team is doing outside of the 3-4 players that matter. The rest is on its way. As long as those 3 or 4 continue to improve, nothing else matters. If it doesn’t work out, I will be first in line with the pitchforks but I like the plan they put in 3 years ago and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s looking like it might work out but until they play together, we won’t know. That time is next year. Always was the plan even though they played out of their asses earlier. Losing culture has nothing to do with it. You can say that once the 3 or 4 come up next year, who on the team will even know what a losing culture feels like. Most of them were not around long enough at 1 place to see it or even know what it is. Outside of Abreu, and he’s not a part of the future.

3 years ago they traded away the 3 best players on the team for prospects. No mlb players, just prospects. The only thing important these last couple years was their continued improvement. Other than Lopez, I would say that has occurred. After only 3 years of rebuilding, not 10 as some want you to believe, we will finally get to see what comes of it. A lot is riding on it for everyone. But from what I see, things look like they will be a lot of fun. Not just for a year or so but hopefully, for a decade. It doesn’t happen overnight but 3 years is much faster than I expected. Show me anybody else who did it faster with only prospects. 

Point is, the team is crap. Always known it and don’t care. Free agents will come but you need to see what you need and who sticks. I see the plan and believe it will work out. I just need to look at the box score to confirm it. Boo hoo, lost to KC. I want to see who’s laughing in the future. This is no quick fix, this is finding young players who will hopefully grow into all star type players that should be good for years to come. Give me another top 5 pick. Never know who will pan out. With no starting pitchers available, winning is meaningless. Those that only care about winning against a certain team, what does that accomplish at this time. Short term joy. You can have it. I want continued success.

6 minutes ago, Drwhoo1 said:

To start with, this is not a rah rah speech. I’m not here drinking the koolaid but stating the way it is. This team has a plan and has stuck to it. Where the confusion is, I don’t know. Did everyone think, Hahn was going to wave a wand and poof, contender. If there was not an end, I could see it but everyone knows what Hahn and friends were doing. 1 minute, everyone wants to have them progress in the minors, the other is to bring them all up now. Pretty funny, honestly. 

I like the way you write Greg, even though I don’t agree with you. This team is crap. No doubt about it. But next year, 7 of 9 roster spots and basically all the starting pitching spots will be accounted for. They need to play. I could care less what this team is doing outside of the 3-4 players that matter. The rest is on its way. As long as those 3 or 4 continue to improve, nothing else matters. If it doesn’t work out, I will be first in line with the pitchforks but I like the plan they put in 3 years ago and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s looking like it might work out but until they play together, we won’t know. That time is next year. Always was the plan even though they played out of their asses earlier. Losing culture has nothing to do with it. You can say that once the 3 or 4 come up next year, who on the team will even know what a losing culture feels like. Most of them were not around long enough at 1 place to see it or even know what it is. Outside of Abreu, and he’s not a part of the future.

3 years ago they traded away the 3 best players on the team for prospects. No mlb players, just prospects. The only thing important these last couple years was their continued improvement. Other than Lopez, I would say that has occurred. After only 3 years of rebuilding, not 10 as some want you to believe, we will finally get to see what comes of it. A lot is riding on it for everyone. But from what I see, things look like they will be a lot of fun. Not just for a year or so but hopefully, for a decade. It doesn’t happen overnight but 3 years is much faster than I expected. Show me anybody else who did it faster with only prospects. 

Point is, the team is crap. Always known it and don’t care. Free agents will come but you need to see what you need and who sticks. I see the plan and believe it will work out. I just need to look at the box score to confirm it. Boo hoo, lost to KC. I want to see who’s laughing in the future. This is no quick fix, this is finding young players who will hopefully grow into all star type players that should be good for years to come. Give me another top 5 pick. Never know who will pan out. With no starting pitchers available, winning is meaningless. Those that only care about winning against a certain team, what does that accomplish at this time. Short term joy. You can have it. I want continued success.

I like your analysis.  Puts things in perspective.

17 minutes ago, Drwhoo1 said:

Except good for years to come now has a defined three year shelf life for Moncada and Giolito, logically assuming next season’s just a .500ish year and sitting squarely on the periphery of wild card contention.

The Cubs are currently in Year 5 of their window and still have at least two more years to go before everything falls apart.

To make an analogy, it would be like Bryant and Lester both being free agents at the end of this year, essentially.  Could the Cubs still contend in 2020 if they (theoretically) lost those two?  Well, maybe...if Darvish is for real again.

Edited by caulfield12