Abreu unhappy with roster decisions (seems to want Luis Robert up)

Jose Abreu

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Here's something for your peanut brain to consider:

which way is that list trending?  That's his batting average, a not very advanced stat.

You shouldn't insult posters by saying peanut brain, especially when I am like el rockin and never criticize posters intellect, etc. I guess you got me with those stats. Although .265 and .273 the last two years I'd argue is pretty close to the .293, .290. Just a handful of hits here and there. I happen to think he's a productive player especially considering the crap team he's on. Some of you don't think athletes have emotions. I'd think it'd be difficult to produce when you generally have no protection in the lineup (I love Eloy) and have such a losing mentality. I think he's productive no matter what, but especially for a team in its tank years.

But at the risk of greg-haters saying I don't read posts I will acknowledge your point and say you have a point here as expressed by the traditional stats you listed.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You shouldn't insult posters by saying peanut brain, especially when I am like el rockin and never criticize posters intellect, etc. I guess you got me with those stats. Although .265 and .273 the last two years I'd argue is pretty close to the .293, .290. Just a handful of hits here and there. I happen to think he's a productive player especially considering the crap team he's on. Some of you don't think athletes have emotions. I'd think it'd be difficult to produce when you generally have no protection in the lineup (I love Eloy) and have such a losing mentality. I think he's productive no matter what, but especially for a team in its tank years.

But at the risk of greg-haters saying I don't read posts I will acknowledge your point and say you have a point here as expressed by the traditional stats you listed.

Only a small minded individual feels threatened by advanced metrics and change.  Perhaps that indicates the root of your issue more than "peanut brain".

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Ironic, Abreu is sick of defense also

I haven't been watching. I'm assuming he's been letting some grounders to his left escape down the line and being buffoon-ish on some pop ups. He's usually OK to his right and fair on digs.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Only a small minded individual feels threatened by advanced metrics and change.  Perhaps that indicates the root of your issue more than "peanut brain".

Advanced metrics led to the age of tanking which I am violently opposed to. You still shouldn't call people names. This is no longer a political forum.

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This is the new Sox Talk.  Sad isn't it?  So often a bad team causes forum members to attack others.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Probably the first time I've ever agreed with one of Kyyle23's posts. Jose made the all star team again but that matters not to most advanced stat lovers.

He's an average 1b, greg. It has nothing to do with any lovers or haters. It's fact

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Here's something for your peanut brain to consider:

which way is that list trending?  That's his batting average, a not very advanced stat.

I'm surprised some poster hasn't said BA means nothing.  It's already on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, wegner said:

You know what, I get wanting the extra service time out of Robert and keeping him down because if he does what he can, you are looking at superstar money that the Sox will probably not pay.  Plus, money wise he does not really have a complaint with the bonus he was paid.

But Madrigal will not get superstar money, so let's bring him up now and get him acclimated to the Major Leagues.  His glove will play now, he would be something to watch the rest of the year, and Yolmer can watch over the Gatorade jug just in case we win another game.

LOL

56 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Maybe Jose is tired of the non-stop losing. Maybe is tired of following an incompetent and bunt happy manager. Maybe he is tired of Rick Hahn using a bunch of big words to say nothing at all at every press conference.  Maybe he is tired of the tanking. 

I would be with him. I know I'm tired of all that crap. Keep talking, Jose.

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I would be with him. I know I'm tired of all that crap. Keep talking, Jose.

It kind of slays me the usual negative reax when players speak out. Not saying it's happened here except one poster, but for some reason fans tend to blast guys who rip the front office. Remember when George Bell complained DURING THE PLAYOFFS about playing time? That was an all time joke. 

Edited by greg775

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

This is year 1,000 of the rebuild and they had 1 player in the lineup who is guaranteed to be around when/if this team is good.  Even the players know this is pathetic.  

Yep the current lineup should illustrate how bad Hahn and the Major League scouting is.  There are 5 total players on the current roster that should be on the team in two years (Yoan, Bummer, Giolito, Lopez, Cease)

27 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I don't hate you, greg. We're both White Sox fans. That makes us brothers. Under the skin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep the current lineup should illustrate how bad Hahn and the Major League scouting is.  There are 5 total players on the current roster that should be on the team in two years (Yoan, Bummer, Giolito, Lopez, Cease)

Calling it 5 and not 8 is at least being a little disingenuous. And again I'll point to the teams that have successfully pulled themselves out of tanks 2014 rosters.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Calling it 5 and not 8 is at least being a little disingenuous. And again I'll point to the teams that have successfully pulled themselves out of tanks 2014 rosters.

Who are the other 3?

Edited by fathom

1 minute ago, mqr said:

The ones who are hurt and clearly part of the future. 

I'm also inclined to call it 9, as there's one in the minors who should be on the roster. 

I was responding to Harold’s earlier post about today’s lineup.