7/19 Games

soxfan49

3 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Bailey 0-1 with 2 BBs & a SB, Tatis 1-3, Laureano 1-2 so far. Guzman went 5, 3 H 2 ER 3 BBs 5 Ks.

I don’t know to what amount it’s a fools errand to analyze DSL progress, but for a while he was getting lit up in his last inning. He’s been going 5 consistently now without a big blow up. So excited to have him stateside next year to get more of a read on him.

We seem to have a disagreement on Roberts adjustment period with people wanting him up on 8/1 or next year. I’m in the camp to bring him up next year. 2 months is not worth it. He will have all next year to adjust. There will be a lot of adjustments going on next year. Pitchers will have innings limits, plus there will be more than just Roberts who will need to adjust. At least 2 other prospects. So what’s the point?  Seems everybody wants instant satisfaction. Serves no purpose. Seriously guys, what’s the rush? 

11 minutes ago, Drwhoo1 said:

We seem to have a disagreement on Roberts adjustment period with people wanting him up on 8/1 or next year. I’m in the camp to bring him up next year. 2 months is not worth it. He will have all next year to adjust. There will be a lot of adjustments going on next year. Pitchers will have innings limits, plus there will be more than just Roberts who will need to adjust. At least 2 other prospects. So what’s the point?  Seems everybody wants instant satisfaction. Serves no purpose. Seriously guys, what’s the rush? 

You just want him to be ranked #1 for prospects next year...

Seriously though, I don't care what they do.  Both ways has there pros and cons.