7/19- Sox at Rays, 6:10, NBCSC

flavum

Just now, fathom said:

Catch the damn ball.  Engel got a terrible jump and then Lopez throws an 0-2 pitch right down the plate.

engel's "elite defense" is one of the more moronic Sox Talk tropes.  He has a noodle arm and consistently gets bad jumps.  He's fast, cool, maybe he should have tried track.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

engel's "elite defense" is one of the more moronic Sox Talk tropes.  He has a noodle arm and consistently gets bad jumps.  He's fast, cool, maybe he should have tried track.

That ball had expected hit rate of .220.  Also doesn't help that he plays everyone so deep.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That ball had expected hit rate of .220.  Also doesn't help that he plays everyone so deep.

he's bad coming in.  We haven't had a CF that can make plays going back and in since Cameron.  Leury stinks on balls in front of him as well.  I think it takes a natural talent to have the confidence to charge in knowing it might be a 3B or HR if you miss it and it goes to the wall in dead center.

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I was worried about Yoan.  If only all our players could have a "slump" that lasted about 30 PA.

So was I. My nerves have subsided a bit due to Moncada being back. If Gio pitches well tomorrow I'll feel A LOT better.