7/19- Sox at Rays, 6:10, NBCSC

flavum

Just now, fathom said:

Offensive explosion!  Great hustle by Leury and Engel tonight 

Like I said before, chances are neither Charlie or Engel amounts to anything, but Engel is still better than Charlie.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah maybe one of them on a roster but not all 4 having to start

Just saying they are not bag of balls players.  As an example...Tampa could use Sanchez.  Might have value as part of a deal type thing.  One or two might fit our long term championship team as roll players.

Edited by poppysox

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lopez on a BABIP bender tonight. 

Lots of hangwiffums for the opposition. 

He also has 7 strikeouts.  When he doesn’t strike anyone out, he gets his brains beaten in.  I think this and the last start are progress at least.  I am looking for 5hings to be happy about.

Just now, Timmy U said:

He also has 7 strikeouts.  When he doesn’t strike anyone out, he gets his brains beaten in.  I think this and the last start are progress at least.  I am looking for 5hings to be happy about.

You found one.  I'm pretty happy with the contributions from Engel, Sanchez, Garcia and Jay in this game.

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

He has problems getting on top of his slider. When he gets under it, it flattens out and gets smoked. When he gets on top, it is a wonderful pitch. 

That being said, I agree he's making progress. 

Edited by Jack Parkman