7/20 Games

soxfan49

2 hours ago, fathom said:

two comments:

- Stiever is our best healthy, active pitching prospect

- Vaughn might not have 35 HR power, but he's going to be a doubles machine.  Beautiful swings we're seeing on these videos, and he's lined out an awful lot as well.

Might not have 35 HR power?  Have you seen what the juiced ball has done to baseball fathom?

1 minute ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

If he's throwing 98 with that curve, look out. Coming into the season it said he sat low 90s and could reach 96. 

For real.  Sounds like he probably sits 93-95 like Gio.  That curve is sick.  I wonder if his arm action is the same with it.   

1 hour ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

If he's throwing 98 with that curve, look out. Coming into the season it said he sat low 90s and could reach 96. 

Funny thing is you could have told me that was Cease and the stuff would have looked similar

More time that passes, the more I get excited. This year has been about watching our prospects improve and it seems like that is exactly what’s happening. I liked Stiever when he was drafted but never expected him to start out so good. He is exactly the type of prospect we need to reach his potential since pitching is where we’ve had some issues lately. Hope he finishes exactly like he started.

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

Funny thing is you could have told me that was Cease and the stuff would have looked similar

Cease doesnt have the control that he is currently showing. Hopefully,  he can maintain it at higher levels.

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Cease doesnt have the control that he is currently showing. Hopefully,  he can maintain it at higher levels.

Cease had better fastball command last year at Birmingham.  You gotta wonder if the transition to the slicker mlb ball takes some guys a while.

15 hours ago, Perfect Vision said:

Could be Stiever's last game at A+.  40 dominant innings.  45 ks to 8 bbs.  I would promote him now when he can still get 7-8 AA starts.

Can someone explain how his A+ numbers are twice as good as his low A numbers?

16 hours ago, fathom said:

two comments:

- Stiever is our best healthy, active pitching prospect

- Vaughn might not have 35 HR power, but he's going to be a doubles machine.  Beautiful swings we're seeing on these videos, and he's lined out an awful lot as well.

Truly wild with Kopech and Cease up, Giolito and Lopez up, and Dunning shelved

Think Vaughn definitely still has 35 HR potential

13 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Can someone explain how his A+ numbers are twice as good as his low A numbers?

Truly wild with Kopech and Cease up, Giolito and Lopez up, and Dunning shelved

Think Vaughn definitely still has 35 HR potential

He may have just gotten better since he is striking out more guys. But the Kanny defense was pretty bad, though that wouldn’t account for so many more hits now. 

His peripherals were good in Kanny just saw worse results, but maybe he found something his last few starts before promotion that propelled him in A+