7/20- Sox at Rays, 5:10, WGN

flavum

Engel is one of those guys that gets traded to Oakland or St Louis and ends up pinch running in the 9th inning of a playoff game & then comes up to bat 2 innings later and triples home a GW run & forever endears himself to a fan base

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Engel is one of those guys that gets traded to Oakland or St Louis and ends up pinch running in the 9th inning of a playoff game & then comes up to bat 2 innings later and triples home a GW run & forever endears himself to a fan base

I don't think Engel could endear himself to any fanbase other than the Cubs. He sucks too badly and the Cubs fans are the dumbest in baseball. They thought that Bryan LaHair and Micah Hoffpauir were the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think Engel could endear himself to any fanbase other than the Cubs. He sucks too badly and the Cubs fans are the dumbest in baseball. They thought that Bryan LaHair and Micah Hoffpauir were the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

Can't forget about the great Tyler Colvin or Ryan Theriot.

Regardless what I meant is he strikes me as a guy who'll have a big hit in a playoff game and forever be loved for that reason, a la Geoff Blum

Castillo

Jay

Rondon

Sanchez

Engel 

Garcia

Its nearly impossible to score runs with that 5-1. Really really bad talent acquisition my this front office. I was all in favor of a rebuild but this lineup is just pathetic and there’s no reason for it but ineptitude by the front office. 

Sorry for the rant in a game thread but it’s definitely frustrating watching this lineup

Regardless what I meant is he strikes me as a guy who'll have a big hit in a playoff game and forever be loved for that reason, a la Geoff Blum

I don't think Engel ever sniffs a playoff roster 

Name from the past.  Cubs traded him to Rockies for Ian Stewart.  DJ Lemehieu was thrown in the deal, and now he is the AL MVP for the damn Yankees.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic