7/20- Sox at Rays, 5:10, WGN

flavum

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

I have always loved watching Yoan and Timmy run the bases.  

My guess is you will like Robert & Madrigal as well.  We are going to be a speed team that drives opponents nuts.  Might have more than our share of three run homers as well.

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

My guess is you will like Robert & Madrigal as well.  We are going to be a speed team that drives opponents nuts.  Might have more than our share of three run homers as well.

They are gonna drive opposing pitchers nuts....I think I am gonna love them all Poppy!!

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

The presence of Avi is much scarier when he's on the other side.  Didn't like seeing him in the on deck.

Looks like he gets the last laugh. A lot of fans thought he'd pull a Tank Viciedo and just fade away into oblivion. Avi has value still; hope he keeps it up. ... OMG I just saw the replay of Avi's home run. A big LOL to haters. That was blasted. Monumental blast. Roof shot in old Comiskey for sure. Avi Avi Avi!

Edited by greg775

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Looks like he gets the last laugh. A lot of fans thought he'd pull a Tank Viciedo and just fade away into oblivion. Avi has value still; hope he keeps it up. ... OMG I just saw the replay of Avi's home run. A big LOL to haters. That was blasted. Monumental blast. Roof shot in old Comiskey for sure. Avi Avi Avi!

No one cares.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

No one cares.

Fans of the sport should care. Watch the replay of that home run tonight. Very few ballplayers hit the ball where that one landed. Special.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

http://m.mlb.com/statcast/leaderboard#hr-distance,r,2019

Over 35 guys have hit HR’s farther this season than Avi hit his tonight (459 ft) 

Thanks for the stat. I stand by my statement though. Watch where that ball landed that Avi hit. It's as far as you can hit a ball in that stadium. I think it's obvious by his performance that Avi got the last laugh on Hahn and any haters he had. And Avi was crushed by the trade. Loved being a White Sox. Sad.

• Haha 1

Gio pitched well, they got some clutch hits and got a very nice win.

And regarding the Avi talk, please forgive my candor (it is the wine celebrating the Apollo anniversary) but nobody gives a rats ass about Avi who was injury prone, over weight, a butcher in the outfield and a huge disappointment given that he was considered the "centerpiece" (the Sox featured him on the pocket schedules) of the team moving forward.

Glad he's doing well Congrats, now get lost.

Edited by Lip Man 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

What trade? 

I mean the release, sorry. Whatever the Sox did. They didn't want him and TB signed him for 3.5, lol. We could have kept him for pennies instead of the stiffs we acquired.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Gio pitched well, they got some clutch hits and got a very nice win.

And regarding the Avi talk, please forgive my candor (it is the wine celebrating the Apollo anniversary) but nobody gives a rats ass about Avi who was injury prone, over weight, a butcher in the outfield and a huge disappointment given that he was considered the "centerpiece" (the Sox featured him on the pocket schedules) of the team moving forward.

Glad he's doing well Congrats, now get lost.

Actually what you said is untrue. You said "nobody gives a rat's ass about Avi" which is technically wrong because I am a human being and I worship him so to speak so somebody does give a rats ass about Avi. I love his game and will never get over the Sox not keeping him for 4 million a year when they acqured all those hacks for big bucks.

Edited by greg775

21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I mean the release, sorry. Whatever the Sox did. They didn't want him and TB signed him for 3.5, lol. We could have kept him for pennies instead of the stiffs we acquired.

We non-tendered him. We literally couldn't pay him less than any other club unless he turned down a bigger contract to come back. 

Your act is slipping, keep up.

Greg is sweating Avisail Garcia while a 20 year old Tatis Jr. and his .981 OPS went yard again on the other side of town.  Time to learn how to prioritize lost talent.

Greg, I guarantee you Rick Hahn doesn’t sweat dumping Avisail but I have no doubt he cries in his pillow every night for trading Tatis Jr. for James Shields.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic