7/20- Sox at Rays, 5:10, WGN

flavum

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

absolutely zero updates from anybody on Eloy.  That's just bad PR by the Sox.  They should have released an update on him this morning.

You weren’t satisfied with “Engel returns, ‘Ready to help this team win’”?

That’s Rudy-esque stuff, right there.

If they were playing at home and the heat index wasn’t 110, you’d probably get an update.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You would be hard pressed to find a worse bottom five hitters in a lineup.  That is simply embarrassing.

The tank is most definitely back on.

It was never off. They are just missing two of their best hitters who are injured. I can't figure out why people think the goal for this season has changed. The goal has always been to get the young players experience and see what the team has in them.

It's the fans who were blinded by the over achieving team in the first have that have changed their minds like a pendulum.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I find it interesting that Ricky basically refused to DH Collins when McCann was catchinh but quickly DHs Castillo as soon as he’s back from injury.

I think the team really wanted him to see how a good defensive catcher like McCann prepares from day to day in the MLB. I'm sure he learned quite a bit and is incorporating it into his preparation routine in the MiLB.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

hey caulfield I'll continue the discussion here what's yak taste like? Is it like goat?  Not a big fan of goat.  Everytime I got curried coat in Crown Heights I regretted it.  Just too gamey for me.

It’s not that bad...especially if it’s served with the right mix of spices.

Better than goat, a little worse than lamb or veal because it’s usually not as tender.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I find it interesting that Ricky basically refused to DH Collins when McCann was catchinh but quickly DHs Castillo as soon as he’s back from injury.

It’s almost like that rookie hazing...Ozzie, Ventura and Renteria almost always prefer/preferred to go with the veteran.

Nice play, Avi!  Haha...even the Rays’ announcers thought he was a mere lumbering oaf.  Interestingly, Pham and Meadows have both played a lot more CF during their careers.

Edited by caulfield12

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic