7/21- Sox at Rays, 12:10, NBCSC

flavum

Almost 60 pitches already...

Should have followed the scouting report on d’Arnaud, no sliders.

Could feel that grand slam coming after the second walk of the inning.

Osich coming in if Pham reaches...one of those games that might end up with a 0.0 television rating like the Astros used to manage.

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Who else can the Sox rush up from the minors to be a savior?  LOL

He wasn't brought up to be a savior - he was brought up to take his lumps up here for half a season and acclimate him for 2020 in the majors.

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Dylan was always a control pitcher in minors up until this year. How does your command just leave you?

No, he averaged like 0.06 more walks per IP this year than last on the farm

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Who else can the Sox rush up from the minors to be a savior?  LOL

I like how people use LOL on this board when it's actually not a laughable topic. "Moncada another strikeout LOL" or "Anderson made another error LOL." Like, are you truly "laughing out loud" about this? Secondly, no one deemed Cease "a savior." He's a great prospect who's struggling in his first three MLB starts. It happens, but keep laughing, boob.

Edited by soxfan49

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I like how people use LOL on this board when it's actually not a laughable topic. Like, are you truly "laughing out loud" about this? Secondly, no one deemed Cease "a savior." He's a great prospect who's struggling in his first three MLB starts. It happens, but keep laughing, boob.

LOL!

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Not what you want to see from Cease, at all, but.......take these lumps now. Build on it from start to start, get used to ML hitting and the lifestyle. It’s going to help for 2020. 

I wish that a pitcher would come up from the minors and just deal or a hitter would come up and rake. Just one guy plz. These adjustment periods are getting annoying. How come other fans get to have these nice things?  

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I like how people use LOL on this board when it's actually not a laughable topic. Like, are you truly "laughing out loud" about this? Secondly, no one deemed Cease "a savior." He's a great prospect who's struggling in his first three MLB starts. It happens, but keep laughing, boob.

If you can’t have a sense of humor after seven terrible seasons...realistically, what other coping mechanism besides turning off the game can people choose?

• Thanks 2

Just now, caulfield12 said:

If you can’t have a sense of humor after seven terrible seasons...realistically, what other coping mechanism besides turning off the game can people choose?

Not being emotionally invested in a game you can't control, but finding entertainment in that game. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I don't laugh when my favorite teams, people, etc fail. I sit and watch and try to provide hope/sorrow/healing. In this case it's hope. I see Moncada having a great year. I see Anderson being a 25/25 guy annually. I see Robert terrorizing triple A. I see Eloy being a 35+ HR guy every year. If you dopes want to LOL at Dylan Cease for having a rough first 13 innings, be my guest and a moron.

Edited by soxfan49

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I don't laugh when my favorite teams, people, etc fail. I sit and watch and try to provide hope/sorrow/healing. In this case it's hope. I see Moncada having a great year. I see Anderson being a 25/25 guy annually. I see Eloy being a 35+ HR guy every year. If you dopes want to LOL at Dylan Cease for having a rough first 13 innings, be my guest and a moron.

We've reached a strange time in sports fandom. There are people who want their team to fail so that they can be right. They find enjoyment out of their struggle to reaffirm their opinion. It's odd. 

• Like 1

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Not being emotionally invested in a game you can't control, but finding entertainment in that game. 

Well sure, but then that’s diametrically opposed to the root of fanatic, which is fan.  If that's the case, if you can just coolly and dispassionately watch a game like Benetti, well then there’s almost no point in having a favorite team unless they’re competitive.

But finding things to LOL about in another lost season is part of the entertainment as well.

11 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Promote Robert! Let him struggle here for a little so he's ready to be a force next summer!

Don't promote Cease! He isn't quite ready!

Can't have it both ways. Let Cease work on some things here.

Sorry you don't get to evaluate a group as though they were a single personality. 

I don't laugh when my favorite teams, people, etc fail. I sit and watch and try to provide hope/sorrow/healing. In this case it's hope. I see Moncada having a great year. I see Anderson being a 25/25 guy annually. I see Robert terrorizing triple A. I see Eloy being a 35+ HR guy every year. If you dopes want to LOL at Dylan Cease for having a rough first 13 innings, be my guest and a moron.

You're taking life way too seriously dude. I used to be like that, it just makes for a miserable existence. Life is about failure, learning from it, improving, and laughing about how dumb and naive you were. If you can't laugh at yourself, what can you laugh at?  

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Very true, but nobody since the rebuild started. 

Who cares? Anderson, Moncada, and Jimenez have all proved to be good or great players despite mediocre starts. If they had begun their careers on fire (minus Eloy since he had no bearing on the next part) then the Sox wouldn't have Madrigal and Vaughn most likely. Think of it that way

Not laughing at Cease, but at the incompetence  of this organization. If you can't see that this organization has been laughable over the past decade plus, you shouldn't be calling anyone a dope or a moron.

Actually, Quintana was also very good his rookie season, 2012...with very limited AA experience.

Buehrle was very effective from the minute he joined the bullpen and gradually forced his way into the rotation.

Kip Wells was very impressive his rookie season.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well sure, but then that’s diametrically opposed to the root of fanatic, which is fan.  If that's the case, if you can just coolly and dispassionately watch a game like Benetti, well then there’s almost no point in having a favorite team unless they’re competitive.

But finding things to LOL about in another lost season is part of the entertainment as well.

The point is that you like baseball and enjoy following a team. Letting their failures affect you emotionally is kind of weird to me.