7/21- Sox at Rays, 12:10, NBCSC

flavum

9 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You just said that Cease is "so bad that it's funny." You do know how stupid that sounds, right?

Wtf dude? When I made the fun bad comment it was a generality, not directed at anyone or anything. I don't think that Cease is fun bad at anything. I do think it's funny when pitchers don't know where anything is going. The Rick Vaughn comment was intentional hyperbole to try to get you to lighten up. 

I hope for your own sake that you're 25 years old or something. Life is a joke. Laugh more, worry less. Ambition and success aren't everything in life. I thought so in my mid 20s, but then I grew up. That worldview is incredibly counterproductive. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Wtf dude? When I made the fun bad comment it was a generality, not directed at anyone or anything. I don't think that Cease is fun bad at anything. I do think it's funny when pitchers don't know where anything is going. The Rick Vaughn comment was intentional hyperbole to try to get you to lighten up. 

I hope for your own sake that you're 25 years old or something. Life is a joke. Laugh more, worry less. Ambition and success aren't everything in life. I thought so in my mid 20s, but then I grew up. 

A generality? We were talking about Cease. You defended laughing at him and then said "have you ever heard of fun bad?" Because Cease was the topic you were clearly referring to him.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

McCann cooling down.  This is why an extension would have been a bad idea.

I don't necessarily think an extension is a bad idea, but its why you take advantage of the fact that you have him under control in 2020 and don't need to pay him at the very top of his value when it's unsustainable. 

Just now, Heads22 said:

I don't necessarily think an extension is a bad idea, but its why you take advantage of the fact that you have him under control in 2020 and don't need to pay him at the very top of his value when it's unsustainable. 

Yep, that too.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

A generality? We were talking about Cease. You defended laughing at him and then said "have you ever heard of fun bad?" Because Cease was the topic you were clearly referring to him.

Jesus H. Christ dude, lighten up. 

My comment was in response to your comment that you don't like laughing at anyone's failure. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

What? I think you have this backwards. I am pissed about the failures. Subsequently I am pissed about other fans not being pissed and instead laughing. Follow?

A quote from an old song: "You'll lose your blues laughing at life."

If you're going to get so upset at a game that it causes you to start calling people names on a message board,  why bother watching?  Lighten up and just enjoy the the game for what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep, that too.

I think James has made very real changes, and I think he's good for Lucas and is a great fit for the team. He's gonna get a nice pay bump for next year. But chances are he's not 100% the guy from the first half in terms of statistical output. But, if he's suddenly a .275 hitter with 15-20 home runs, above average defense/arm with some good leadership qualities, he's gonna be able to show that next year and get paid accordingly. And he seems like the kind of guy that would be open to an extension after 2020.

Snell appears to be a really likeable guy. Works really hard at his craft, Benetti and Stone already touched on him having a part time job when he was in the minors, and he essentially said pay me or trade me in the offseason. Tampa has themselves a good one (for 2 more years or so when they decide to trade him for a haul of seemingly average prospects that turn out to be good pros)

45 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wish that a pitcher would come up from the minors and just deal or a hitter would come up and rake. Just one guy plz. These adjustment periods are getting annoying. How come other fans get to have these nice things?  

I live in upstate New York and get to watch a lot of Yankee games.  It seems whenever the Yankees bring up a player, he puts up all-star numbers right from the get-go?

7 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Cease looking so much better as the game has gone on

Like giolito says about his improvement from last. One of the biggest was how to limit big innings early and not allow it to change your mental approach and attitude during the game. He'll learn this type of thing as well.

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

If Reinsdorf doesn't address his on-field management and coaching at the ML level, this latest iteration of a "rebuild" will blow up in his face.

I know you're just trying to get a reaction out of people, but do people really want an owner that meddles with the game management? I would be afraid of a Dzniel Schneider/Redskins situation. 

To me owners should be involved with the FO not game or on-field management. That is why he hires a FO.

Just now, fathom said:

Cease had 4 good innings, 1 bad one. Just really has to work in that fastball command, as well as keeping that velocity up 

And the mental side of not letting innings get away from him.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Cease is gonna be just fine. Cease is gonna be just fine. Cease is gonna be just fine. Cease is gonna be just fine. Cease is gonna be just fine. Cease is gonna be just fine. 

I'm talking to myself again, aren't I?

I hear you loud and clear