7/21- Sox at Rays, 12:10, NBCSC

flavum

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

These at bats are just horrible. Swinging at pitches not even close to the zone.

This is precisely the problem.  Sox lead the league in striking out.  When you don’t make productive outs, the offense suffers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

These at bats are just horrible. Swinging at pitches not even close to the zone.

Renteria, Steverson, and the entire coaching staff should be sent packing at the end of the season.  But we all know it won’t happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Renteria, Steverson, and the entire coaching staff should be sent packing at the end of the season.  But we all know it won’t happen.

Eh.  Half the lineup is scrubs.  I expect scrubs to scrub.  I’m sure you sent the coaching staff a thank you for overachieving with scrubs the first half, especially with the pitching.   

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

He wasn't brought up to be a savior - he was brought up to take his lumps up here for half a season and acclimate him for 2020 in the majors.

And I have no problem with that if they had better on-field management and coaching.

Maybe its the "contagion" of a pervasive losing culture at the MLB level. 

Edited by GradMc

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Eh.  Half the lineup is scrubs.  I expect scrubs to scrub.  I’m sure you sent the coaching staff a thank you for overachieving with scrubs the first half, especially with the pitching.   

Overachieving to the tune of never even hitting .500?  Who cares?

Renteria and his love for the bunt can get in a time machine and go back to an era of baseball when it was relevant.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

14 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Because we would play Castillo.

Except Castillo is just as shitty as Collins was with even more opportunity + one is going to be with the organization/piece of a trade for a better asset next season, so again I ask, what the hell was the point?

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Except Castillo is just as shitty as Collins was with even more opportunity + one is going to be with the organization/piece of a trade for a better asset next season, so again I ask, what the hell was the point?

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

1 minute ago, Tomtom said:

Whatever happened to swing at anything close with two strikes?

Nothing except a professional umpire should know the difference between "close but a ball" and "fuck it, strike 3."

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

God I hope so

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I feel like McCann and Abreu have had a ton of difficulty lately hitting fastballs in the middle of the plate

Seems like they’re trying to hit homers instead of just making solid contact!