7/21 Games

soxfan49

23 minutes ago, HeHatesShe said:

Injuries, as were discussed. 

By injuries did you mean “way too small.  Outfielders will never respect him and play 7 infielders so his OPS will never be high enough and he doesn’t strike out or walk enough too small to function waste of a 4th pick, you need to get higher Ceiling at #4 even though the last 10 #4 picks have almost all amounted to complete shit, hold my beer while I go slap him around and teach him how to hit homers”?

Edited by Jerksticks
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Gladney Bomb #6. Ties the game in the 9th. 

Fun year in AZL. Wish Thompson and Dalquist would pitch a few innings but I hope we can hear reports from instructs since it seems we are only one of a handful that still run games in AZ.

18 hours ago, SoxAce said:

He's old, but I have a bit of a prospect crush on Craig Dedelow.

Seems to always be hitting

19 hours ago, Heads22 said:

Andrew Perez basically has his uniform open down to his belly

Rooting hard for him

17 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I think it's time for Madrigal to move to Triple-A.

Wild how dominant he's been

17 hours ago, flavum said:

No doubt, he could handle it. 

He and Robert will be in Chicago in about 9 months. 

What a lineup that'll be

If only Cease and Kopech weren't on limits and Rodon and Dunning were healthy

13 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

We all tried to tell you it was a wrist issue but then we "were making excuses."

I still think this excuse is ridiculous.  To make it work people just kept extending how long a wrist should bother you to make it fit. Ptatc also mentioned the type of wrist injury he had shouldn't have affected power.

His timing appeared off, he was probably letting the shift get in his head. Clearly the hot streak he was in the three weeks before was meaningful, and his makeup really did show up.

The gloating over the promotion thing is silly. If they waited a few more weeks and his hot streak had continued in A+ before getting moved up...did he lose anything? He's improving as he's moving up levels which is nice to see. His brand of baseball is still working and his walks are improving. All of that is great news. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I still think this excuse is ridiculous.  To make it work people just kept extending how long a wrist should bother you to make it fit. Ptatc also mentioned the type of wrist injury he had shouldn't have affected power.

His timing appeared off, he was probably letting the shift get in his head. Clearly the hot streak he was in the three weeks before was meaningful, and his makeup really did show up.

The gloating over the promotion thing is silly. If they waited a few more weeks and his hot streak had continued in A+ before getting moved up...did he lose anything? He's improving as he's moving up levels which is nice to see. His brand of baseball is still working and his walks are improving. All of that is great news. 

There's honestly probably something to be said for moving into a bigger field as well. I wonder if he'll get any power bump from Charlotte.

Edited by mqr

11 minutes ago, mqr said:

There's honestly probably something to be said for moving into a bigger field as well. I wonder if he'll get any power bump from Charlotte.

I think so. As his krate persists so low, it's really hard at times to not think of him as level-proofed. Maybe his ability to make contact is so good that even if its weak he is exploiting holes he sees? At some point you start to believe that, and if he continues to do that against better and better arms he will just be this successful player playing a completely different kind of game.

I wish he'd up his SB% though. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Consequently his last 20 games or so at WS were really good so to be puzzled over his promotion was nonsense anyway. Ptatc may have said that but not everyone is the same. Perhaps it was still lingering and in that final 3-4 weeks at WS it went away hence his great finish there