Andrew Benintendi Available?

ChiSox59

So says some recent speculation from Boston Globe. 

Would you be interested? 

Does Colome, Bummer and Abreu get you even close? What would need to be added? 

Purely speculation here to discuss...not necessarily saying Red Sox would be interested. Was shocked to see report he may be available.

8 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Would you be interested? 

Purely speculation here to discuss...not necessarily saying Red Sox would be interested. Was shocked to see report he may be available.

The Red Sox are close on the luxury tax.  They had to work cash considerations w Orioles to get Kushner.  Betts is in the final year of his contract and Bradley's is also coming up.  Benintendi being cheap and under control is very valuable to them. I am sure they would listen but I would think it would have to be MLB ready prospects since Benintendi does not free up cap space. 

41 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

The Red Sox are close on the luxury tax.  They had to work cash considerations w Orioles to get Kushner.  Betts is in the final year of his contract and Bradley's is also coming up.  Benintendi being cheap and under control is very valuable to them. I am sure they would listen but I would think it would have to be MLB ready prospects since Benintendi does not free up cap space. 

I don’t see the match personally. And I’m not sure how much Benintendi is actually worth with 3 years of control remaining and heading into arbitration next season as basically a 2 WAR player. 

No.  Concentrate on pitching. Okay if they'll take Colome and Abreu, but otherwise, don't move young pitching for him.

Benintendi is a very good (never great) player having a down year.   Sox got good fortune when Boston wouldn't include him and made Moncada available instead.

Edited by GreenSox

15 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If the White Sox want a 2 WAR OF, they should simply sign Castellanos in the offseason. Should only cost money since I can’t see the Tigers extending a QO. Puig would be an option as well.

He was a 4+ fWAR OF last season. 

And Sox need a LH bat that doesn’t suck balls defensively in RF. None of the FA fit that description.

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

Cashner?

Benintendi was worth 4.4 fWAR last year and is mired at just 1.2 this year.

Do you really think that Dombrowski would deal him at his lowest value?   They had a million opportunities to do that with Jackie Bradley and never pulled the trigger.  Granted, Bradley is a better defender at a premium position.

At any rate, it’s going to cost a lot more than an expiring Abreu and bullpen guys.

Edited by caulfield12

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Cashner?

Benintendi was worth 4.4 fWAR last year and is mired at just 1.2 this year.

Do you really think that Dombrowski would deal him at his lowest value?   They had a million opportunities to do that with Jackie Bradley and never pulled the trigger.  Granted, Bradley is a better defender at a premium position.

At any rate, it’s going to cost a lot more than an expiring Abreu and bullpen guys.

I agree it’s gonna cost more than Abreu and two pen arms. I said as much. What do you think would be a fair deal. I do think the BoSox would have interest in all of Colome, Bummer and Abreu. What do you think would need to added?

10 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Would you be interested? 

This really just sounds like the Boston Globe being standard shitty Boston Media. But, if it is true idk if the Sox want to part with the ammo it would take at this point, I would think Benintendi would get at least half of an Eaton return. At least, someone would beat Abreu and a couple pen arms. 

I have no desire brining in Cas

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If the White Sox want a 2 WAR OF, they should simply sign Castellanos in the offseason. Should only cost money since I can’t see the Tigers extending a QO. Puig would be an option as well.

We would have the worst OF defense in baseball with Eloy and Castellanos. I’ll take a pass. 

55 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I agree it’s gonna cost more than Abreu and two pen arms. I said as much. What do you think would be a fair deal. I do think the BoSox would have interest in all of Colome, Bummer and Abreu. What do you think would need to added?

I really don’t see a match.

They could play Holt in his spot, theoretically...but then you have a hole at second.  I guess in that scenario, Abreu would play first, Chavis at second base and Holt in LF.

Leury Garcia being included in the package isn’t going to be enough, either.

2 hours ago, daggins said:

I really don't see a scenario where they trade him. It's speculation, that's all. Writers always speculate about trading guys at their lowest value, but FO rarely do this. Funny how that works.

I just can't see a scenario where anybody gives what Boston would want and that's likely a MLB ready prospect, (an org's top 1-2 guy most likely), then another back end top 10 guy (likely 2).   He's a young OF controlled for three more years and is hovering around a 3 WAR true talent before 25.

For Chicago what would even get it done?  You aren't trading Madrigal.   Robert, come on.  Vaughn can't be moved.  Nobody else in our top 10 probably moves the needle for them.  Jose Abreu, Colome and Bummer isn't getting it done and that's probably our best realistic offer.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Not interested enough to send out any of our high profile prospects for Benintendi. However, this does worry me, as it was known the Sox wanted Benintendi bad in his draft year. If that was KW (not sure), I could see him pushing hard to get him, since he doesn't seem to let it go once he wants a player.

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just can't see a scenario where anybody gives what Boston would want and that's likely a MLB ready prospect, an org's top 1-2 guy most likely, then another back end top 10 guy (likely 2).   He's a young OF controlled for three more years and is hovering around a 3 WAR true talent before 25.

For Chicago what would even get it done?  You aren't trading Madrigal.   Robert, come on.  Vaughn can't be moved.  Nobody else in our top 10 probably moves the needle for them.  Jose Abreu, Colome and Bummer isn't getting it done and that's probably our best realistic offer.

Jimenez ?

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

He was a 4+ fWAR OF last season. 

And Sox need a LH bat that doesn’t suck balls defensively in RF. None of the FA fit that description.

What’s his true level? Last year or 2017 and 2019? Is he that much better than Puig or Castellanos that we should be giving up legit MLB ready prospects for him? If they want Colome and Abreu that’s one thing but he’s not that much better than the other two impending free agents that cost only $$$.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

A lot of cash and an MLB ready prospect (Madrigal? Holt is a FA I believe). hard pass for me