Will you be mad if the Sox do not seriously try to move Abreu?

Trading Abreu  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be legitimately mad at the Sox if they do not try to move Abreu for value? Simple question.

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think a desire for Abreu's leadership at the cost of even a decent prospect or a package of "wildcards" like a Jose Rodriguez, Lenyn Sosa, etc., would be a sign of organizational incompetence?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Serious question: are you completely done with Abreu, to the point where you will actually be happier to see his ABs go to some other younger player, even if that other younger player happens to perform horribly?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Nightengale is high.  The cheapest team in the game is going to trade a valuable prospect for a few months of Abreu?  I call major BS.

Agreed. Abreu has played like dogshit lately. He killed his trade value.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I think it would be beneficial for Abreu to go there. Rays are one of the better analytical teams in the league. Maybe they'll help Jose with the data needed to be better with the bat.

Doesn‘t he live in Miami?

Being closer to his family would also help selling him on the trade.

29 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It doesn’t make any sense.  And if Hahn was stupid enough not to deal Abreu for a potential rotation piece like Brent Honeywell (#75) or Shane Baz (#96) with the state of our rotation just because he is the “heart of our team” when he could just bring back Abreu in the offseason, he would deserve to be tarred and feathered by the fans.

Not by this fan. Just keep the guy.

52 minutes ago, ron883 said:

He's not going anywhere. Jose always tanks his value before trade deadline. Maybe it is just because he is wildly inconsistent, but it seems to be that way. 

Just out of curiosity when he steps to the plate do you start screaming at the TV? The hate for Jose is weird. It's just a sport, a game. Did he kick your dog?

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

Not by this fan. Just keep the guy.

Well, if Nightengale is right and the Rays would give up a top 100 MLB pitching prospect for two months of Abreu that could potentially improve the currently awful Sox rotation in the future and you don’t want to do it, you should stop complaining about having to watch scrubs like Covey pitch for the Sox because you obviously have zero logic when it comes to improving the team.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Just out of curiosity when he steps to the plate do you start screaming at the TV? The hate for Jose is weird. It's just a sport, a game. Did he kick your dog?

I always root for him. He just disappoints often. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

He’s hasn’t been a good baseball player for 1000 AB’s. It’s not a debatable fact. All of your rah-rah homer bullshit isn’t going to change that. 

Then how the hell did he make the all star team? Are you smarter than all of baseball that picked him? Geez. It's like I'm trying to defend Txxxp here the way some people are jumping on me. I'm praising Jose Abreu for gawdsakes not some demon. What is the problem people have with Jose?? On a scale of 1 to 10 I'm at a 9 in terms of loving him. You guys are at a 1 or 2.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Why are you asking Ron about logic when you wouldn’t trade two months of control over Abreu before he hits free agency for a top 100 prospect?  Try applying some logic and reasoning to your own warped opinions first, Greg, before analyzing someone else’s.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, scs787 said:

Didn't you hate Adam Dunn? But now you are bringing up HRs and RBIs in reference to Abreu??

I despised Dunn. the man hit .159 in 2011. That's right, .159. The next year he hit .204 with 222 strikeouts. Was I supposed to fall in love with him? The year he hit .159 he had 11 home runs. 

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Why are you asking Ron about logic when you wouldn’t trade two months of control over Abreu before he hits free agency for a top 100 prospect?  Try applying some logic and reasoning to your own warped opinions first, Greg, before analyzing someone else’s.

People need to calm down lest this thread get locked. Of course I don't want to trade Jose for a top 100 prospect. We already have tons of prospects ready to cover almost every position. I wish the Abreu lovers on this board would join me and speak up. It grows wearisome to fight for Jose this much. He's an all star, folks. Not a demon.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Then how the hell did he make the all star team? Are you smarter than all of baseball that picked him? Geez. It's like I'm trying to defend Txxxp here the way some people are jumping on me. I'm praising Jose Abreu for gawdsakes not some demon. What is the problem people have with Jose?? On a scale of 1 to 10 I'm at a 9 in terms of loving him. You guys are at a 1 or 2.

More awful logic.  Bryan LaHair was an Allstar 1B for the Cubs in 2012.  Do you even remember him?

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

People need to calm down lest this thread get locked. Of course I don't want to trade Jose for a top 100 prospect. We already have tons of prospects ready to cover almost every position. I wish the Abreu lovers on this board would join me and speak up. It grows wearisome to fight for Jose this much. He's an all star, folks. Not a demon.

Sox trade two months of Abreu to the Rays for a top 100 prospect.

The Sox get back a pitcher who can potentially improve the awful rotation.

Abreu gets a chance at the playoffs.

Sox re-sign Abreu in the offseason.

At what point in this scenario is Greg hurt by these occurrences?  Because you won’t get to watch Abreu for two months in a losing season?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I know you aren't trolling which is why this is so silly.  You not wanting to STEAL a top 100 guy for a 2 month rental of Jose when we are going to win 70 games is goofy.  I think most people here like Jose, I do.  But he doesn't make the White Sox better next year or the year after if you wouldn't make that move.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Sox trade two months of Abreu to the Rays for a top 100 prospect.

They get back a pitcher who can potentially improve the awful rotation.

Abreu gets a chance at the playoffs.

Sox re-sign Abreu in the offseason.

At what point in this scenario is Greg hurt by these occurrences?  Because you won’t get to watch Abreu for two months in a losing season?

Answers. a.) I don't care about top 100 prospects. I'm jaded to prospects even though I love Eloy, Robert and Moncada and like Cease. b.) I don't care about acquiring a pitcher. Sign 2 in the offseason. c.) I would like Jose to lead a team to a WS title. d.) We're not signing Abreu in the offseason if he leaves. Geez. e.) I love Abreu. So shoot me.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Answers. a.) I don't care about top 100 prospects. I'm jaded to prospects even though I love Eloy, Robert and Moncada and like Cease. b.) I don't care about acquiring a pitcher. Sign 2 in the offseason. c.) I would like Jose to lead a team to a WS title. d.) We're not signing Abreu in the offseason if he leaves. Geez. e.) I love Abreu. So shoot me.

I stopped at a.) because it doesn’t make any sense.  You don’t care about top 100 prospects but love Eloy, Robert, Moncada, and Cease.  What in the blue hell do you think all those guys were or currently are?!?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

He has 2 months of control left. They're not getting a top 100 for him, but it would be dumb to turn an offer down that included one.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You get hung up on the name on the back of the jersey.  If you had it your way Eloy, Robert, and Moncada, and Cease would not be on this team.   It would be a playground of mediocrity with slumping old vets and a lets catch lightning in a bottle.   But hey as long as your jersey matches the player on the field.  Good grief you are dense. 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

You get hung up on the name on the back of the jersey.  If you had it your way Eloy, Robert, and Moncada, and Cease would not be on this team.   It would be a playground of mediocrity with slumping old vets and a lets catch lightning in a bottle.   But hey as long as your jersey matches the player on the field.  Good grief you are dense. 

Yep, the lack of logic or reason is amazing.  He loves Eloy, Moncada, and Cease but he probably forgets that he never wanted to trade Sale or Quintana to begin with, as if Eloy, Moncada, and Cease magically appeared in the Sox organization.