Will you be mad if the Sox do not seriously try to move Abreu?

Trading Abreu  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be legitimately mad at the Sox if they do not try to move Abreu for value? Simple question.

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think a desire for Abreu's leadership at the cost of even a decent prospect or a package of "wildcards" like a Jose Rodriguez, Lenyn Sosa, etc., would be a sign of organizational incompetence?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Serious question: are you completely done with Abreu, to the point where you will actually be happier to see his ABs go to some other younger player, even if that other younger player happens to perform horribly?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I will be mad if they do try and trade him and even madder if I see this poll here again 

You are probably trying to figure out why Jon Garland, Aaron Rowand and Jermaine Dye are still not playing.  I would trade anyone and everyone if it brought the sox closer to sustained success and a possibly world series.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

The reason greg loves Abreu is because greg doesn’t watch White Sox baseball. He’s seen that Abreu has been to a few all-star games and has watched some highlights, and convinced himself Soxtalk doesn’t know what they are talking about, and that he “worships” Abreu, which in and of itself is super creepy for a 50 year old plus dude to say about a 30 something, but whatever.

greg also doesn’t watch other baseball, so doesn’t realize there are much better 1B across MLB, and Abreu just isn’t that special of a player anymore. That’s baseball. 

Did Greg really say that he worships Abreu? 😂

6 hours ago, mqr said:

Bob is as untrustworthy as they come. There’s just no one this is true, and if it is they need to do it yesterday. 

I actually heard this as I was driving at the time and all I could think was that Bob Nightengale is a moron who makes up nonsense.

In that same conversation Bob stated that Syndergaard isnt a top of the rotation talent because he doesnt know how to pitch... he then followed that up talking about how Jon Lester is an ace. Nightengale is a moron.

I have really enjoyed watching Jose Abreu over the years. However, being a fan of his I see he's in decline. He chases all the pitches that are thrown. He shows zero patience and has become more of a helicopter then hes ever been before. 

22 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I have really enjoyed watching Jose Abreu over the years. However, being a fan of his I see he's in decline. He chases all the pitches that are thrown. He shows zero patience and has become more of a helicopter then hes ever been before. 

Great observation

On 7/29/2019 at 10:53 PM, Tony said:

The reason greg loves Abreu is because greg doesn’t watch White Sox baseball. He’s seen that Abreu has been to a few all-star games and has watched some highlights, and convinced himself Soxtalk doesn’t know what they are talking about, and that he “worships” Abreu, which in and of itself is super creepy for a 50 year old plus dude to say about a 30 something, but whatever.

greg also doesn’t watch other baseball, so doesn’t realize there are much better 1B across MLB, and Abreu just isn’t that special of a player anymore. That’s baseball. 

I actually watch a lot of Sox baseball. Including most of tonight's game vs the Mets. I actually know more about the Sox than several of my friends who live in Chicago. I happen to give a resounding thumbs up to Abreu and don't want to see him traded. I mean we've had so many busts, who cares about some trade for prospects. No offense ... but Fulmer for instance No. 8 overall?? And you trust our front office to get decent players for Jose? Not me. I'd rather Jose get some of Jerry's money. Jerry doesn't need it.

Not a good game tonight. Sox continue to lose a ton of games.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I actually watch a lot of Sox baseball. Including most of tonight's game vs the Mets. I actually know more about the Sox than several of my friends who live in Chicago. I happen to give a resounding thumbs up to Abreu and don't want to see him traded. I mean we've had so many busts, who cares about some trade for prospects. No offense ... but Fulmer for instance No. 8 overall?? And you trust our front office to get decent players for Jose? Not me. I'd rather Jose get some of Jerry's money. Jerry doesn't need it.

when your argument for keeping a guy boils down to anything but his on field production you know you're drowning.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

when your argument for keeping a guy boils down to anything but his on field production you know you're drowning.

Not trusting the Sox front office to trade Abreu for anything of value means absolutely nothing since there is zero benefit to keeping Abreu over dealing him.  Also, his point about not caring if Abreu gets Jerry’s money is equally ridiculous.  Abreu is still getting paid his contract regardless of whether he gets traded or not.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

🍖  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Hot take: Jose Abreu is toast, they should accept literally anything for him and move on. Sign Cron as a stopgap until Vaughn is ready.

I was on the: extend him (or trade and re-sign him) for a year and like $10 mill at the absolute most. But lately, I think I've decided I'd rather move on.

12 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

His on the field production got him on the all star team. I don't blame him for being in a funk since Gio became human and Timmy got hurt. It's the same ol same ol. You wait. If we had a contender he'd be raking. Baseball season is a marathon. He'll still hit .280 with a ton of RBI when all is said and done. And enuf homers. 

I love the way you guys speculate on my reasoning and behavior. But when I ask to you to examine yourselves you won't do it or will put me on ignore or the worst, ban me for trolling which I'm not doing. I'm just different than you. El Rockin is different too; nobody blasts him! I worship Jose yes but I also worship El Rockin (I've said in a non religious sense).

Anyhow, Jose made the all star team because of his production ... next. I guess modern analytics doesn;'t call for slumps?