Ten Year Anniversary of MB Perfect Game

bmags

Anyone on twitter today probably sees the loads of content saved for today.

I was studying in a library and watched the 7th inning onward thanks to some nice soxtalkers who shared mlbtv passwords.

• Like 1

That game put the Sox into first place in the division...then they went to Detroit and started Colon and Contreras in a DH if I remember right. It was all downhill from there.

That was some game and some catch by Wise who had his one moment in the sun.

29 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I remember sitting in my car listening to it on the radio in the parking lot outside of Elmhurst College’s Admin building. I had a meeting with them to talk about transferring in the following semester. Ended up being almost 30 minutes late because of that 9th inning. 

Yea I was 24 and at my first "real job".   I didn't want to ruffle any feathers so I just had the game on on my headphones while doing admin stuff.  My colleague who was much more senior basically said "fuck it you're the IT guy put it on in the conference room we'll all watch the end".

And we did, fun times.  My dad was really sick at the time (RIP dad) and that memory gives me a lot of joy in what was otherwise a really bad few years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

If the lighten the standards on inducting the HoF, I'd give him the nod. He was one of the most fundamentally sound players coming out of this organization.  There's so many good things about him. 

He's an interesting case of narrative vs production

I was 16, I was watching at home for the first 3 or 4 innings and my mom made me go out to try and find a job. I went to Hibbett Sports to fill out an application and was listening to the game on my phone in my car, when he got the 27th out I started honking my horn. I live right outside St. Louis so I am sure people thought I was nuts.