2019-2020 NCAA Basketball thread

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Illinois lands top 50 PG Andre Curbelo.  Perfect fit.  Word is they are in great with Adam Miller as well.

If this year goes like some people expect, the Underwood hire might have turned out to be an absolute grand slam.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:43 AM, bigruss said:

Illinois has no idea how to play with each other.

Still applies. I know it's early but they looked like shit last night. Still waiting for this 7 second shot clock offense. When Ayo/Trent/insert guard actually moved the ball and got up a shot, or got the ball inside fast, good things happened. But too often they reverted to the shitty Groce offense of passing around the perimeter for 25 seconds and then jacking up a contested shot. 

Ayo looks like a lottery pick only in transition. He's pretty terrible at creating his own shot. Still not sure why he's even being considered as a 1st rounder at this point. 

Giorgi is really struggling defensively. And the fouling is still an issue. 

Trent is too passive, much like a large portion of last year

Still get a few decent minutes from Kipper and then he's gone for a half at a time. 

Feliz is who he is - an undersized mid major guy who can make some old-man plays occasionally. He can't do it consistently. 

Everyone else is bleh. Still no sure why Williams is on scholarship. He's not even in the rotation much anymore. The coaches son seems to play more than he does.

The only positive so far is that Kofi is every bit as advertised. He's a monster. Hopefully he can develop a shot, but for the next few years he can just be a big bruiser.

Edited by Jenksismyhero

2 hours ago, Boogua said:

Kofi is a monster.

I know he's the old school bruising-center and the NBA is looking for stretch 5's these days, but he's a 3/4 Shaq basically. Wouldn't you want that on an NBA team? If he keeps this up, i'd be shocked if he lasts more than two seasons at Illinois.

5 hours ago, Jenksismyhero said:

I know he's the old school bruising-center and the NBA is looking for stretch 5's these days, but he's a 3/4 Shaq basically. Wouldn't you want that on an NBA team? If he keeps this up, i'd be shocked if he lasts more than two seasons at Illinois.

His handlers want him one and done

4 hours ago, fathom said:

His handlers want him one and done

I read that was the case early on, but by the time he hit campus everyone seemed to be shooting for 2 and done. Maybe that changes with how he's performing, but I don't think he's leaving unless he's a first rounder and guys like him are just hard to place in today's NBA.

28 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Adam Miller commets to Illinois. Hopefully he signs. I'll reserve my excitement for when he has signed.

You should still be excited. His original timeline was January and decided to commit earlier than that. Illinois fans have been burned by Gordon and Snider in the past, so I get it, but this is pretty awesome news.

4 hours ago, Jenksismyhero said:

I just don't get the "i'm 100% committed, but I'm not going to sign...oh and also I spoke to Michigan a few days ago and i'm going to make sure Illinois is still for me."

Is this all just leverage to get Michigan (or another new suitor) to come up with some dough?

Just making sure Ayo leaves

• 2 weeks later...