7/24 Games

KnightsOnMintSt

3 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Hopefully we hear something regarding Robert soon.

What do you expect to hear? Sox are "taking it easy" on him to lessen the opportunity for him to play in a way to improve his grievance case. Expect a day off every day of the week. God forbid he has a mistep running the bases, Sox might shut him down for the year to be safe if that happened. 

37 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm a little surprised at Vaughns k-rate tbh

Yeah I noticed that too, but it's still just over 18%, which is fine. Not exactly red flag territory.

Plus, 6 of his 15 Ks in Kanny came in his first 4 games (19 PA). He has 9 Ks in the 63 PA since (14.3%).

He may be in the Moncada/Collins camp where he has discipline to the point where he's not swinging at borderline pitches and it's biting him. I would guess his K rates remain fairly steady through all levels of the minors and then he may have to make additional adjustments in the majors like Moncada did.

11 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Posted it in another thread, but some guy named Tim Anderson is batting 3rd and at DH for Charlotte tonight.

Looking at his career stats, I’m worried about how his lack of walks will translate to the majors

• Like 1
  • Haha 4