7/24 Games

KnightsOnMintSt

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Why not move them up considering Goldfarb was a late pick and is struggling?

Because Getz is the exact opposite of Buddy Bell when it comes to promotions (he is way too conservative. Bell was way too aggressive).

• Like 1

I noticed Kaleb Roper's line in Great Falls tonight (retired all 12 batters he faced with 7 Ks) and thought to myself "Please don't be 23. Please don't be 23. Please don't be 23." I click on his profile. He's 23☹️

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, bmags said:

Weaver and Delgado both with a homer. Not banner years but I have been decently pleased with them. Treading water at least.

I'll give you decently pleased with Delgado (although his K rate has gone up this year). Weaver is not doing much in year 2 of rookie ball.

4 hours ago, danman31 said:

I'll give you decently pleased with Delgado (although his K rate has gone up this year). Weaver is not doing much in year 2 of rookie ball.

Yeah I don’t mean to elevate them too much. But Delgado was more advanced with the bat than Weaver, who from my understanding was a complete project offensively. And he is still quite young, I think he’s on the earlier end of 19.

I don’t expect much if either but I do like he hasn’t completely crashed in pioneer league. Granted his k rate is absurd.

25 minutes ago, MnSoxFan said:

Starting today, the 25th. You had me worried for a bit. 

Well he's 16, wasn't trying to imply it was injury related. He has increased innings from 3 IP in a start to 5 IP recently but I wasn't sure if a 16 year old would go the full year because frankly we have not had any in DSL that were worth checking in on.

37 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well he's 16, wasn't trying to imply it was injury related. He has increased innings from 3 IP in a start to 5 IP recently but I wasn't sure if a 16 year old would go the full year because frankly we have not had any in DSL that were worth checking in on.

Ah, I got it now. He is doing fine today. I think this is his 9th start of the season, so they may slow him down.