What would it take to get Mike Trout?

KnightsOnMintSt

Let me just start by saying that I do not think the Angels or White Sox will, should, or are even considering this. I was just curious as to what it would take for the Angels to trade Trout. Would this get it done?

White Sox get: Mike Trout

Angels get: Lucas Giolito, Michael Kopech, Luis Robert, Nick Madrigal, and Jonathan Stiever.

Edited by KnightsOnMintSt

2 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Let me just start by saying that I do not think the Angels or White Sox will, should, or are even considering this. I was just curious as to what it would take for the Angels to trade Trout. Would this get it done?

White Sox get: Mike Trout

Angels get: Lucas Giolito, Michael Kopech, Luis Robert, Nick Madrigal, and Jonathan Stiever.

I would hope that this trade would lead to Hahn's immediate dismissal.

3 hours ago, mqr said:

Mike Trout is literally untradable, it's impossible to match his value without completely gutting your own roster. 

r

His new contract was for 436 million for 12 years.  He's certainly worth that if Harper is worth 300 million.  However, I want no part of having so much team resource tied up in one player.  There are reasons these player don't usually play on championship teams...unless the team is big market.  Medium and small market teams don't have the resources to build enough team around them.  Stars are great but baseball is a team game.  With 25 players needed it is very hard to build a winner when one player sucks up 25% of available resources.  Much smaller contracts by todays standards to Cabrera and Mauer really helped sink the Detroit and Minnesota teams.