Fish at Palehose: 5:10 EST Reylo against tonight's Cy Young Zac Gallen

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Also notice how perfect their defensive positioning has been the last two nights?  Definitely plays into how well their starters have performed this year.

Crazy part is I believe Marlins are average (maybe a tad below) in defensive shifting. Shows you how bad the Sox are at doing it.

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

I absolutely get that, but why are we giving those guys at bats?  No reason Collins isn't getting at bats at DH and Mendick playing 2nd base.  This lineup looks like a first year rebuilding team, not one that is hoping the window is open the next year.

I understood giving Reed a shot but he’s bad.  Collins should be getting his at bats now.  And why did Goins get called up over Mendick?  Goins has no future.  Mendick could be a cheap replacement for Yolmer.  Maybe try to find out if the guy can hit for the remaining half of the season?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

I absolutely get that, but why are we giving those guys at bats?  No reason Collins isn't getting at bats at DH and Mendick playing 2nd base.  This lineup looks like a first year rebuilding team, not one that is hoping the window is open the next year.

All I've been saying for a while now man.. you know that. 

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I understood giving Reed a shot but he’s bad.  Collins should be getting his at bats.  And why did Goins get called up over Mendick.  Goins has no future.  Mendick could be a cheap replacement for Yolmer.

Maybe they really want to lose!? That would make more sense.  Probably not just trying to understand. 

Just now, Sox80 said:

Maybe they really want to lose!? That would make more sense.  Probably not just trying to understand. 

Oh, they can still lose with both Collins and Mendick.  But wasting valuable major league at bats on a guy like Goins is pointless when you could be giving a guy like Mendick a trial run.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Oh, they can still lose with both Collins and Mendick.  But wasting valuable major league at bats on a guy like Goins is pointless when you could be giving a guy like Mendick a trial run.

Pretty much!