Lambs to the slaughter? We look to our shepherd Giolito as he faces Berrios and the Twins 8:10 EST

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

I have been a Sox fan for sixty years- count em 60 years. I have seen a lot of  good and bad so I refuse to grovel around. I do believe we are headed in the right direction and can be patient 

Agreed, but it's okay to call out a front office if they are bad at their jobs.  Poor performing people get canned from their jobs all the time.  Hahn and Kenny are not infallible and should not be immune from scrutiny but they sure seem to be under Uncle Jerry.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

And don’t worry, we’ll have you here spending every day saying the same thing over and over again. 

Hahn can prove me wrong. Everyone says the money is there, right?  Sign Cole and Ozuna.  Boom, bam, I shutup.

But deep down, you know you have no faith that this will happen either.  So why jump on me?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Agreed, but it's okay to call out a front office if they are bad at their jobs.  Poor performing people get canned from their jobs all the time.  Hahn and Kenny are not infallible and should not be immune from scrutiny but they sure seem to be under Uncle Jerry.

I agree that the FO has done a bad job when it comes to putting a respectable roster on the field for close to a decade, but give it a rest. You’re not calling anybody out your just b****ing into the void on a forum with 50 active members.

It’s amazing the amount of real estate the Front Office has in your head. 

More amazing is the ego of the front office to talk about acquiring a big name all of last offseason only to fail miserably.  Hahn is an educated guy and even he didn't know enough to downplay it.  I am guessing this upcoming offseason will be the return of STEALTH MODE!!!

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

More amazing is the ego of the front office to talk about acquiring a big name all of last offseason only to fail miserably.  Hahn is an educated guy and even he didn't know enough to downplay it.

Rick Hahn or Jerry Reinsdorf are not reading your posts. You’d be better off writing a letter. I heard there is a guy here who has his address and wil be the next GM. Maybe you should write him a private message.

This is getting old. I don’t CARE how many times they have been below .500 this decade. They decided to fix it 3 years ago. I guess I have to explain it again since some of you don’t understand. 

How do you think Houston got good. Even Minnesota. Their core players are all over 25. Houston picked at the top of the draft how many years? At least they were smart and drafted at number 1 or 2 a lot of the times. Us, no! They got their core guys and filled in the rest with smart free agent signings. Minnesota just signed a bunch of them for 1 year just now but still have their core players above 25. Berríos got drafted in what, 2009. They didn’t have just 1 bad season and poof, they are winners. Their are growing pains.

Once we get Roberts, Madrigal and Vaughn up plus our injured pitchers, then we will know what you need. It’s pointless now. Don’t you get it. It’s only been 3 years. Houston was able to get Bregman and Correa by not worrying about wins in a pointless season. It’s very frustrating. The first year to try and sign anybody would be for this upcoming season. They have seen what is missing in the minors and can now work to plug it in. Complaining about this years lineup is comical. 

9 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I believe there’s a plan in place and you don’t do a 180 just because you lose a game or four 

Cruz slugs three home runs but he's too old to be on a team. He's 39. No way Jose will produce after 33 if that, right? p.s. somebody will tell me now it's only because of steroids cruz is a stud at 39.

Lol, proving my point. You can’t get away from it. 

Find a new hobby if you’re this shook. It’s been 3,000 posts of the SAME shit, over and over again. They missed out on Machado, ownership is cheap, you don’t trust the front office. WE GET IT. You being a broken record doesn’t change anything. Find a new shtick. We’re all tired of this one. 

Why do you get so mad at individual posters? Let him rant. It's sports not life and death. Who gives a bleep what people think?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Find a new hobby if you’re this shook. It’s been 3,000 posts of the SAME shit, over and over again. They missed out on Machado, ownership is cheap, you don’t trust the front office. WE GET IT. You being a broken record doesn’t change anything. Find a new shtick. We’re all tired of this one. 

Okay.  Let's hear your opinion then.  Will the Sox sign a big name FA like Cole or Ozuna in the offseason when they have zero payroll going into next season?  What do you think?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

15 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I believe there’s a plan in place and you don’t do a 180 just because you lose a game or four 

Well in the Sox case its usually 90 or so at least a season.

Gio hasn't between the same pitcher since the Cubs beat him up on June 19, it's like the bubble burst and he's back to the same old guy.

Maybe he needs to call his high school coach tonight.

22 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

More amazing is the ego of the front office to talk about acquiring a big name all of last offseason only to fail miserably.  Hahn is an educated guy and even he didn't know enough to downplay it.  I am guessing this upcoming offseason will be the return of STEALTH MODE!!!

Then you should be happy. They usually make their best moves in stealth mode

This is the first time I will be paying attention to the off-season. I do hope they sign a couple as you can see what’s needed. You can’t sign more than that because you have to see who becomes a part of the core and who doesn’t. If they don’t, I will be like the rest of you and start b****ing. The other years didn’t matter. This is where Hahn starts to earn his money. He did his job the last 3 as its been as successful as can be. I would of liked to have picked higher but it wasn’t in the cards. A lot will be riding on Madrigal and Vaughn as they are the products of losing the last couple years

Edited by Drwhoo1

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Like every single other person on this board, I have no idea. History tells us it’s unlikely. History would also tell us Jerry would have never normally signed off on a rebuild, so stranger things have happened. 

But none of us know, no matter how much we talk about it. That’s the point. We can all discuss options, what’s realistic, what’s not. That’s what the forum is for. But when you bang the same drum over and over and over again, what’s the point? We get it. There are other things to talk about. And if truly believe all the things you say, and are dead set convinced they won’t make any big moves, then what are you doing here every night? Every night you’re posting here. Why spend that much time on a product that clearly gives you nothing back? 

Ss2k5?

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Drwhoo1 said:

This is the first time I will be paying attention to the off-season. I do hope they sign a couple as you can see what’s needed. You can’t sign more than that because you have to see who becomes a part of the core and who doesn’t. If they don’t, I will be like the rest of you and start b****ing. The other years didn’t matter. This is where Hahn starts to earn his money. He did his job the last 3 as its been as successful as can be. I would of liked to have picked higher but it wasn’t in the cards. A lot will be riding on Madrigal and Vaughn as they are the products of losing the last couple years

You can’t honestly believe Hahn has done a good job the last 3 years?  The trades have worked out well, but the free agent signings have been a disaster for the most part.  He’s done a truly terrible job at finding potential pieces on a contending trade from deals outside the big 3 pieces.  Everyone likes to compare the Sox rebuild to the Astros and Cubs, but those GMs could have only dreamed of having guys like Sale, Q and Eaton to deal.  Instead they struck gold trading FA signings like Feldman, whereas seemingly half of Hahn’s FA signings vanish from baseball after a year or so.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

You can’t honestly believe Hahn has done a good job the last 3 years?  The trades have worked out well, but the free agent signings have been a disaster for the most part.  He’s done a truly terrible job at finding potential pieces on a contending trade from deals outside the big 3 pieces.  Everyone likes to compare the Sox rebuild to the Astros and Cubs, but those GMs could have only dreamed of having guys like Sale, Q and Eaton to deal.  Instead they struck gold trading FA signings like Feldman, whereas seemingly half of Hahn’s FA signings vanish from baseball after a year or so.

I am starting to think Hahn simply acquires guys based on draft position and not the Sox own scouting.  Either that or their scouting must be putrid.

How could the Sox and their scouts have been after A.J. Reed for years, as it has been reported a few times?  What did they see about him that we aren’t?  The guy is an overweight DH with a massive hole in his ridiculous uppercut swing.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tony said:

Mega ditto. These boring people need a new home.