Lambs to the slaughter? We look to our shepherd Giolito as he faces Berrios and the Twins 8:10 EST

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Eh, just over an .800 OPS in the minors (AA and AAA) for a corner outfielder?  Not a surprise he is a .750 OPS corner outfielder in the majors.

He was playing in AA as a 19 year old.  That is remarkable and the fact that he was an above average hitter is pretty incredible.

btw I am not a fan of Nomar Mazara the major leaguer, but as a prospect he was really exciting.

Edited by GermanSoxFan

31 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:
  • Does Nelson Cruz lead the league in PED's? 

Yes, yes he does. Where's Sean Astin from 50 first dates when you need him? 

"It wasn't steroids, it was a protein shake" 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'll take the trade off. I don't worry about Giolito. The fact that Lopez has been good is much more beneficial. 

This. The stuff is still there for Giolito. Honestly, a drop off in the dog days of summer is to be expected. He said back in the spring that his new delivery uses his legs more than his old one so if his legs are tired that explains the velocity fluctuations and command issues. Next year should be better. As long as he keeps his ERA at 3.5 or below I'm not worried.

If anyone told you that Giolito would have a 3.54 ERA with 140 K in 120 innings on 8/1 in February we would all have taken it in a fucking heartbeat. 

He's going through a few rough outings in a relentless stretch of offenses. He's faced 1 cupcake lineup in the past 7 weeks. That will wear on anyone. The schedule is doing him no favors. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just caught up with this thread. Is it true that some of you guys said you wished Hahn was more like Minnesota’s Gm. Really? Do you guys just post stuff randomly? This Minnesota team that has been above .500 only twice this decade with at least 5 of the years at 70 or less wins. The 2 above never getting above 85. Wow! How can anyone take you guys seriously. 

4 minutes ago, Drwhoo1 said:

Just caught up with this thread. Is it true that some of you guys said you wished Hahn was more like Minnesota’s Gm. Really? Do you guys just post stuff randomly? This Minnesota team that has been above .500 only twice this decade with at least 5 of the years at 70 or less wins. The 2 above never getting above 85. Wow! How can anyone take you guys seriously. 

Long story short, I vehemently disagree.  Hahn’s been comically bad as a GM.

15 minutes ago, Drwhoo1 said:

How many times to you think the White Sox have been over .500 in the past decade?  Do you just post stuff randomly?  How can anyone take you seriously?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Apparently judging from all the gloom and doom  we lost a game. It’s a rebuilding year and not like we were fighting for first place. But next year 

The Sox haven't had a winning season since 2012, in case you were wondering.  Doom and gloom has been around for longer than the rebuild under this front office.  Unless the rebuild has been going on for 7 years now...

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The Sox haven't had a winning season since 2012, in case you were wondering.  Doom and gloom has been around for longer than the rebuild under this front office.  Unless the rebuild has been going on for 7 years now...

Doom and gloom have been around here since I started lurking like 15 years ago.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

There is a very real chance that only two players in today’s lineup will be on the roster next year. I don‘t get all the handwringing  either.

Yoan looked good at the plate, but Giolito getting destroyed is what made tonight a “bad” game for the rebuild.  But yes, the talent in this current lineup is as bad as I can remember

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

If i got a nickel for every time I have read inane stuff like  “The league has figured Buehrle out, you can‘t pitch with a 85mp/h fastball anymore “ around here, I would be a millionaire.

Congrats on your Monopoly money.  Meanwhile, we all have to hope and pray that the Sox spend REAL money in the offseason.

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I have been a Sox fan for sixty years- count em 60 years. I have seen a lot of  good and bad so I refuse to grovel around. I do believe we are headed in the right direction and can be patient