GT: MIN v CHW, 7/26/19, 7:10

soxfan49

Yikes.  I'm looking at the Twins roster, see "Jorge Polanco" has 3.4 fWAR and so I pull up his page and he never hit for much power in the minors and now he's got an ISO over .200 from SS in 2019.  Then I see, without knowing anything about the guy, a story from 5/19 on his profile page "Jorge Polanco Puts PED suspension behind him".

Yea, he probably started getting the good undetectable shit from Nelson Cruz this season. 

Fuck the fucking Twins man.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yikes.  I'm looking at the Twins roster, see "Jorge Polanco" has 3.4 fWAR and so I pull up his page and he never hit for much power in the minors and now he's got an ISO over .200 from SS in 2019.  Then I see, without knowing anything about the guy, a story from 5/19 on his profile page "Jorge Polanco Puts PED suspension behind him".

Yea, he probably started getting the good undetectable shit from Nelson Cruz this season. 

I don't deny the balls being different, but it feels like right before the steroid era was found out when everyone was blaming smaller ballparks and tighter balls for everyone going bonkers all over again. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I don't deny the balls being different, but it feels like right before the steroid era was found out when everyone was blaming smaller ballparks and tighter balls for everyone going bonkers all over again. 

I hadn't thought that before but now that you say it makes a lot of sense.  "oh it's just the ball".  Turns out it was fancy new PEDs including some of that shit the Russians developed to arrest muscle loss in season for their Olympic athletes.

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I hadn't thought that before but now that you say it makes a lot of sense.  "oh it's just the ball".  Turns out it was fancy new PEDs including some of that shit the Russians developed to arrest muscle loss in season for their Olympic athletes.

Like you cannot tell me a juiced ball turns a guy who never hit more than 10 in a year at any level into a 30 homer 6-7 WAR monster, looking at you Ketel Marte.

Also OT but since we're on Russians and PEDs, if anyone hasn't seen Icarus...it's great

Edited by mqr

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ancillary benefits of having Cruz on your team I guess.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

He couldn't feel his arm after the game. Totally get their concern that it was something bigger.

You don't want to mess around with nerve damage.  Antonio Bass at Michigan about 20 years ago had what was almost surely a long career in pro FB cut short by nerve damage after a knee injury.  Thankfully things are a lot safer now and more understood.

@chitownsportsfan, if you're around...

Name me a better rap album in 10 years than The Big Day. 

It's only day 1 and I've only got two playthroughs today because of meetings and nonsense, but the music and rap diversity is unreal. 

Chance a Sox fan so this a related post!

Forest Hills and Damn good but not this diverse.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

@chitownsportsfan, if you're around...

Name me a better rap album in 10 years than The Big Day. 

It's only day 1 and I've only got two playthroughs today because of meetings and nonsense, but the music and rap diversity is unreal. 

Chance a Sox fan so this a related post!

Forest Hills and Damn good but not this diverse.

good looking out I'm older now and don't keep on album releases like I used to.  Didn't have any clue Chance was dropping a new one today.   Listening now.

2 hours ago, mqr said:

Like you cannot tell me a juiced ball turns a guy who never hit more than 10 in a year at any level into a 30 homer 6-7 WAR monster, looking at you Ketel Marte.

Also OT but since we're on Russians and PEDs, if anyone hasn't seen Icarus...it's great

I'd be all with you guys but peak numbers are no where near where they were. 

This is baseball driven. Microdosing likely takes place, and there are absolutely still cheaters (Hi Jake!), but this boom is lead by baseball this time.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

good looking out I'm older now and don't keep on album releases like I used to.  Didn't have any clue Chance was dropping a new one today.   Listening now.

I actually had no idea, and missed the drop on spotify this morning because I had to hit the office at 5:30 this morning and it wasn't out yet but I checked back after lunch and boom. 

See how it holds. Every few years something drops to remind me rap hasn't died. Kamikaze was fine but not where he was.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I actually had no idea, and missed the drop on spotify this morning because I had to hit the office at 5:30 this morning and it wasn't out yet but I checked back after lunch and boom. 

See how it holds. Every few years something drops to remind me rap hasn't died. Kamikaze was fine but not where he was.

I'm a few minutes in and liking the first track as a summer banger but hoping he's got some more different beats coming up on it.  Oh god Ben Gibbard is on this 2nd track lol.  I think this one might be a bit too sacharine for me.  Hopefully he's got some harder hitting stuff on the album.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm a few minutes in and liking the first track as a summer banger but hoping he's got some more different beats coming up on it.  Oh god Ben Gibbard is on this 2nd track lol.  I think this one might be a bit too sacharine for me.  Hopefully he's got some harder hitting stuff on the album.

This jumps around everywhere. Kind of an early 90's vibe to it though.

Nostalgic a bit too as it goes on. We go high a great one for me.

Some hit a little some are soft for sure. 

The wife stuff, as a married man, was a bit too newlywed for me haha. I lost it there.

The Gucci track hits good if that's you're style.

50 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yeah he only announced a released date and the title name like a week ago when he was on The Tonight Show.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This jumps around everywhere.

Nostalgic a bit too as it goes on.

Some hit some are soft for sure. 

The wife stuff, as a married man, was a bit too newlywed for me haha. I lost it there.

The Gucci track hits good if that's you're style.

lol totally.  I'm all about the head nodders.  wow, there's a house track after it.  oh my.  yea there's a lot of variety here.

https://www.thefader.com/2019/07/26/chance-the-rapper-the-big-day-features-megan-thee-stallion-gucci-mane