GT: MIN v CHW, 7/26/19, 7:10

soxfan49

25 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

I love the Whitesox to a fault but something you and most of the people on this site do not understand no one wants to come here, they are the Kmart of Baseball organizations, no one but us cares about them.

Oh, I agree.   That's why they will have to overpay to get a top tier free agent to chose them over a more desirable team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He did look very good pitching against the Barons when I saw him. Granted it's AA but still.

I would love an Alex Wood signing but he should be the SECOND free agent pitcher they sign, after the ace (Cole/Strasburg/Bumgarner).  But I have a feeling it will be Wood and some much cheaper flier as the two starters they sign.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And there’s a pretty high likelihood that Machado, Tatis Jr. and his father and their agent in common decided quite early to go with the Padres and were just waiting to see if the Sox would significantly outbid it in the end...Padres did a great job keeping that early interest out of the media as Hahn set the market for a couple of months.

Riight

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s a sad day when they’re looking for Ryan Goins to protect our cleanup hitter.

All we had to do was sign Cruz to DH and we’d at least have a quite respectable transition year offense that would have been a blast to watch.

Scouting.

We didnt have a plan B to not signing Machado.  

3 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Riight

Wrong.  Show me the evidence of this.  The Sox got overbid on their ridiculous incentive-based contract.  It was known in the media that Machado was waiting for an offer of $300 million guaranteed.  The Sox wouldn't do it.  Hence, he signed with the Padres.  They offered $300 million guaranteed.  This isn't fucking rocket science.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Hopefully Omar Vizquel knows how to construct a lineup better than Ricky and his MLB the show construct a lineup on Rookie mode. 

I would like Vizquel well enough...I would love the Sox to let it all hang out with a Gerardi hiring.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s a sad day when they’re looking for Ryan Goins to protect our cleanup hitter.

All we had to do was sign Cruz to DH and we’d at least have a quite respectable transition year offense that would have been a blast to watch.

Scouting.

Fans on this board were totally against signing Cruz. I wanted to sign him and got put in my place. I had seen he's remained productive from the back of his baseball card. But it's the age thing. People would have bombarded Hahn with insults had he signed an older hitter. Also the steroid thing angers many.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I would like Vizquel well enough...I would love the Sox to let it all hang out with a Gerardi hiring.

I have a feeling we would all hate Vizquel because the word is he likes bunting as much as Ricky.  I would definitely be cool with Girardi.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

They are not paying big bucks for a manager.  Its either Vizquel or some other first time manager.  The only other option are re-treads like Renteria.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Fans on this board were totally against signing Cruz. I wanted to sign him and got put in my place. I had seen he's remained productive from the back of his baseball card. But it's the age thing. People would have bombarded Hahn with insults had he signed an older hitter. Also the steroid thing angers many.

Well, your favorite player Abreu better get on Cruz's juice cuz his defense and numbers are going to shit.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Well, your favorite player Abreu better get on Cruz's juice cuz his defense and numbers are going to shit.

Who cares? Season is over. He was productive enough when we still had a "chance." He could go ohfer 30 and I'd still like him. It's not my fault Hahn and the scouts don't normally sign good position players.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

McCann is a strikeout machine now.  Still think they should consider dealing him if someone is buying his hot start.

I still like him as a good backup if they can somehow sign Grandal.  But yeah, McCann is sinking faster than the Titanic.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

McCann is a strikeout machine now.  Still think they should consider dealing him if someone is buying his hot start.

I truly believe Fathom coulda done as good a job or better than Hahn. I support his statement here. And no offense to McCann. I like him enough as a poor man's Fisk.

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

They are not paying big bucks for a manager.  Its either Vizquel or some other first time manager.  The only other option are re-treads like Renteria.  

You are probably correct but Gerardi would be a signal to the baseball world that thing have changed on the southside.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Who cares? Season is over. He was productive enough when we still had a "chance." He could go ohfer 30 and I'd still like him. It's not my fault Hahn and the scouts don't normally sign good position players.

This is why people laugh at you.  You defend Abreu for tanking it now that the Sox don't have any shot at the playoffs.  Well, if what you say is true, fuck Abreu for not trying when he is earning $16 million this year.  I hope they don't bring him back next year if he is really not trying while earning $16 million.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

This is why people laugh at you.  You defend Abreu for tanking it now that the Sox don't have any shot at the playoffs.  Well, if what you say is true, fuck Abreu for not trying when he is earning $16 million this year.  I hope they don't bring him back next year if he is really not trying while earning $16 million.

Look I'm human. Some nights I get tired of defending my man, Jose Abreu. It's not my fault I constantly have to be on alert to negate the verbal assault on my idol, Jose Abreu.