GT: MIN v CHW, 7/26/19, 7:10

soxfan49

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I have a feeling we would all hate Vizquel because the word is he likes bunting as much as Ricky.  I would definitely be cool with Girardi.

Vizquel at least lets his fast guys run/steal bases.

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

You are probably correct but Gerardi would be a signal to the baseball world that thing have changed on the southside.

Girardi going to the Cubs this offseason is the worst kept secret in baseball

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

No, you need to reserve all your power and ridiculous posts to defend Abreu and his .791 OPS and shoddy defense.

Jose is winning that poll on soxtalk by a 3-1 margin on both questions. A lot of peeps agree with greg but must be shy about posting. Jose is a likeable guy by all accounts. Don't see why you and others would be so vocally against him when we haven't played a meaningful game after mid July in many years.

Just now, greg775 said:

Then we should sign Maddon. New set of eyeballs. Why not?

That's Cub fans who have soured on Maddon for his odd use of players in nutty positions.  I think Gerardi would go to the first Chicago team who offered the job.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

That's Cub fans who have soured on Maddon for his odd use of players in nutty positions.  I think Gerardi would go to the first Chicago team who offered the job.

More like most money...  and the Cubs would easily win that contest.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Most money and most likely to win.  Thats the order of what it would take. 

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Most money and most likely to win.  Thats the order of what it would take. 

Yep.  Sox don't pay big money for managers as history has shown.  And the Cubs will have a better chance of winning next year than the Sox.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep.  Sox don't pay big money for managers as history has shown.  And the Cubs will have a better chance of winning next year than the Sox.

All the better way for Gerardi to show how good he is.

We could have the opening tomorrow morning.  Not likely the Cubs would do that.

Ummm, no.  If Ricky is getting fired, it will be at the end of the season.  Reinsdorf doesn't like paying out contracts for people not to work.

We could have the opening tomorrow morning.  Not likely the Cubs would do that.

The only way Ricky wont be here next year is if Omar gets a job offer from a MLB team.  Otherwise Ricky will be here until he doesnt want to be here.

In every game pitched Cease has had one really shitty inning, then usually settles it down. This is part of making the jump. Gonna be some hiccups. Good time to have them, sort things out when the wins don't really "mean much". 

Edited by kwolf68
  • Like 1