GT: MIN v CHW, 7/26/19, 7:10

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You are reaching, dude.  It isn't going to happen.  Keep dreaming.  Hasn't history taught you anything?

Before I mentioned his name I was aware of his Cubs ties.  This forum constantly talks of changing the culture of being cheap and homegrown.  I am suggesting a manager (even an expensive one) would do a lot to change that image.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Before I mentioned his name I was aware of his Cubs ties.  This forum constantly talks of changing the culture of being cheap and homegrown.  I am suggesting a manager (even an expensive one) would do a lot to change that image.

Which is definitely a good idea.  But what in history has ever shown you that Reinsdorf pays big money for managers?  It doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Ricky Renteria is not the reason the Sox are struggling. Reinsdorf is right in one thing, paying big bucks to managers is stupid and that money is better spent elsewhere 

Too bad that means a new ivory back scratcher for Jerry. 🤣

Well I for one enjoy random bunts and mystery lineups.  

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Ricky is awful. What does Ricky have to do with Girardi being overrated though?

1782 games / 988 wins / 794 losses / .554 winning percentage.  I realize it's the Yankees but that averages out to 90 wins a season.  So how is he so overrated?

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

1782 games / 988 wins / 794 losses / .554 winning percentage.  I realize it's the Yankees but that averages out to 90 wins a season.  So how is he so overrated?

Ricky would win an average of 90 games with the Yankees. Like I said, overrated. If the Sox are going outside the organization for the next manager give me Joe Espada or Carlos Beltran.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Ricky would win an average of 90 games with the Yankees. Like I said, overrated. If the Sox are going outside the organization for the next manager give me Joe Espada or Carlos Beltran.

Ricky would probably have the Yankees power lineup bunting.  He's a fucking old school idiot.  Give it a rest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The next manager of the white sox is either currently in the minor leagues or played for the whitesox at some point in their career.  

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

The next manager of the white sox is either currently in the minor leagues or played for the whitesox at some point in their career.  

Yes, indeed.  Which is why expecting anything else is fool's gold.

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

There is a reason so many teams hire first time managers and/or promote guys from within the system the last few years. Managers don’t really matter, at least not as in game strategists. IIRC Baseball Prospectis ran the numbers on that some time ago and the diference between the best and the worst was 2 wins.

Edited by GermanSoxFan

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I like the Beltran idea

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

It's to bad they wouldn't go out and get some up-and-coming bench coach

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

It's to bad they wouldn't go out and get some up-and-coming bench coach

I wouldnt be surprised if Ricky doesnt get an extension.  This organization doesnt fire people.  You pretty much either have to quit or do something so bad it gets you fired. 

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

There is a reason so many teams hire first time managers and/or promote guys from within the system the last few years. Managers don’t really matter, at least not as in game strategists. IIRC Baseball Prospectis ran the numbers on that some time ago and the diference between the best and the worst was 2 wins.

If this was always true, everyone wouldn't hate Renteria so much.  He's terrible, regardless of how much he impacts the win/loss record.