GT: MIN v CHW, 7/26/19, 7:10

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The next manager of the white sox is either currently in the minor leagues or played for the whitesox at some point in their career.  

AJ would get a lot of votes using that criteria.

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

I wouldnt be surprised if Ricky doesnt get an extension.  This organization doesnt fire people.  You pretty much either have to quit or do something so bad it gets you fired. 

Haha, so true.  It all started with Kenny's promotion, to make Hahn the GM.

Or maybe it was earlier?  How many managers did Greg Walker and Don Cooper survive past?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Ricky would probably have the Yankees power lineup bunting.  He's a fucking old school idiot.  Give it a rest.

I already said Ricky sucks, not sure what you’re arguing? Fact is, Boone has had no problem inheriting that Yankees team and winning 100+ games each of his first two seasons. Again, Girardi is overrated.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

If this was always true, everyone wouldn't hate Renteria so much.  He's terrible, regardless of how much he impacts the win/loss record.

Hating the manager and second guessing every move is the meatball  fan‘s favorite pastime. Boston fans have turned on Cora, despite them winning the World Series last year.

I truly love Moncada but that at bat is what I mean when I say it's easy to lose concentration when the team blows (in defending Jose normally). He swung at the first pitch and hit a pathetic pop to 3B. It was an at bat he just was up there hacking. When no at bat is crucial it's easy to give away at bats, folks.

That's on the front office for having such a pathetic team year in and out.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I already said Ricky sucks, not sure what you’re arguing? Fact is, Boone has had no problem inheriting that Yankees team and winning 100+ games each of his first two seasons. Again, Girardi is overrated.

You do realize the Yankees were also doing a little rebuild in between those two managers right?

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I truly love Moncada but that at bat is what I mean when I say it's easy to lose concentration when the team blows (in defending Jose normally). He swung at the first pitch and hit a pathetic pop to 3B. It was an at bat he just was up there hacking. When no at bat is crucial it's easy to give away at bats, folks.

Dude, enough.  All players don't just completely tank cuz their team is out of the playoffs.  Your posts are all just to defend Abreu's garbage stats.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Hating the manager and second guessing every move is the meatball  fan‘s favorite pastime. Boston fans have turned on Cora, despite them winning the World Series last year.

Is Ricky Renteria a good manager?

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Completely over analyzing that at bat.  that has nothing to do with the team losing.  Nothing you can say supports that theory.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Dude, enough.  All players don't just completely tank cuz their team is out of the playoffs.  Your posts are all just to defend Abreu's garbage stats.

You don't agree Moncada just gave away that at bat? WTF. I'm not saying they are consciously trying to tank every single at bat. When most of your at bats the second half are meaningless, you give away a lot of at bats.

Now take great offense at what I say and blast me again.

2 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Completely over analyzing that at bat.  that has nothing to do with the team losing.  Nothing you can say supports that theory.

You are probably right. I thought he just gave it away but you are probably right.

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

You don't agree Moncada just gave away that at bat? WTF. I'm not saying they are consciously trying to tank every single at bat. When most of your at bats the second half are meaningless, you give away a lot of at bats.

Now take great offense at what I say and blast me again.

No, it's one at bat.  Do you really think Moncada failed in that at bat because the Sox are out of competition?  You are being ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

We turned on Ozzie.  Sometimes managers change.  Not saying that's what is the situation with Cora...IDK.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Is Ricky Renteria a good manager?

As an in game strategist, no, probably not. I don’t care to find the numbers, but I hate that he loves giving away outs. 

On the other hand there is no clubhouse drama like under ventura or ozzie. 

The manager position is way down the list when it comes to the White Sox biggest problems.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

No, it's one at bat.  Do you really think Moncada failed in that at bat because the Sox are out of competition?  You are being ridiculous.

I'll stop cause I am incapable of explaining myself properly I guess. I'll just say the point I'm trying to make is not what you guys are deciphering. So I done with the topic. Now if you want to discuss why Timmy would be a good catcher I probably better not go there either. Me no wanna get banned.