MLB.com Top 30 Prospect List Updated

BamaDoc

38 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Bryce Bush & Lenyn Sosa have had incredibly disappointing seasons.  Really sucks neither guy has done enough this year to crack the top 30.  I really have to question the impact Getz has had on our player development function.

Bryce Bush is 19 years old. 

edit

When he was in an age appropriate league, he hit .309 with 18bb and 25k. You might be jumping the gun slightly . I'll worry about Bush when he can legally buy a beer. 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Bryce Bush is 19 years old. 

edit

When he was in an age appropriate league, he hit .309 with 18bb and 25k. You might be jumping the gun slightly . I'll worry about Bush when he can legally buy a beer. 

Are you saying his season hasn’t been disappointing?  I never said I was writing him off, but I was certainly expecting a lot more from him this year.

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Are you saying his season hasn’t been disappointing?  I never said I was writing him off, but I was certainly expecting a lot more from him this year.

I'm not sure what you were expecting from a 19 year old from the Midwest in A ball, tbh.

I guess it's disappointing. "Sucks?" No. 

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Bryce Bush & Lenyn Sosa have had incredibly disappointing seasons.  Really sucks neither guy has done enough this year to crack the top 30.  I really have to question the impact Getz has had on our player development function.

I don't know if I'd go that far. There's been some success stories so far in the AZL and Great Falls. Stiever and Sheets come to mind as guys who have improved a ton. Bush has been hurt a few times and had some eye issues. Sosa can play SS defensively. They are 19-year-olds in the South Atlantic League. It's a tough place to play. They have had disappointing years but they can repeat Low-A next year and still be much younger than league average. They'll both be on our FS top 30 still even though Bush moving to the OF this early drops him considerably IMO. 

I’m actually not disappointed in Bush and Sosas season with the exception of some late injuries or fade.

You can’t push for aggressive assignments and be upset when there are the correct adjustments. Either one would have been fine starting in rookie ball. They had some streaks of power. The big adjustments will happen in offseason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't know if I'd go that far. There's been some success stories so far in the AZL and Great Falls. Stiever and Sheets come to mind as guys who have improved a ton. Bush has been hurt a few times and had some eye issues. Sosa can play SS defensively. They are 19-year-olds in the South Atlantic League. It's a tough place to play. They have had disappointing years but they can repeat Low-A next year and still be much younger than league average. They'll both be on our FS top 30 still even though Bush moving to the OF this early drops him considerably IMO. 

I’m not writing them off by any means, but it’s not like these guys struggled up front and then showed signs of getting better as the season progressed (check the game logs).  That’s what what I want to see when a young kid is given an aggressive assignment.  My concern is Chris Getz & staff still have no idea how to develop talent.  Way too many guys beyond these two regressed in 2019.  No doubt Stiever & Sheets have been pleasant surprises, but a good chunk of our full season ball prospects have underperformed this year.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:30 AM, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Love that Stiever is so high on the list.

Stiever is arguably our breakout prospect so far in 2019, along with Robert. Hope the Sox do not get too tempted and end up dealing him. Some rival scouts feel Stiever is the best arm in the Sox system. 

That was a very informative write-up on Mieses.

Really have enjoyed the work pipeline guys have been doing this year. Their write-ups have been very helpful on what players need to do to improve. Especially for that backhalf of 15, super helpful when we have less info to go off of.

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

Stiever is arguably our breakout prospect so far in 2019, along with Robert. Hope the Sox do not get too tempted and end up dealing him. Some rival scouts feel Stiever is the best arm in the Sox system. 

I hope they dont trade him, but it is always interesting to wonder what kind of return certain prospects would get. I know that every trade is different, but is Stiever a headliner in a trade? Lets say the Sox were in the Stroman mix, would Stiever plus someone like Rutherford have gotten Stroman to the Sox instead of the Mets?

4 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I hope they dont trade him, but it is always interesting to wonder what kind of return certain prospects would get. I know that every trade is different, but is Stiever a headliner in a trade? Lets say the Sox were in the Stroman mix, would Stiever plus someone like Rutherford have gotten Stroman to the Sox instead of the Mets?

I think Steiever + Rutherford is a better package than what the Blue Jays got.  

New farm system ranking is also out. Sox down from 4 to 9. They are high on robert, kopech, vaughn and cease but don't think the depth of the system behind them is good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/mlb-farm-system-rankings-2019.html

Don't quite get it. Now SD, TB, LA are clearly better than the sox but I don't buy Arizona, Detroit and Miami 

Edited by dominik-keul@gmx.de

21 hours ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

New farm system ranking is also out. Sox down from 4 to 9. They are high on robert, kopech, vaughn and cease but don't think the depth of the system behind them is good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/mlb-farm-system-rankings-2019.html

Don't quite get it. Now SD, TB, LA are clearly better than the sox but I don't buy Arizona, Detroit and Miami 

All 3 did drstically improve...DET has pitching us and the rest of the ALC should fear

Miami made a couple splashy international signings, good draft, and returns from Realmuto, etc.

Arizona definitely improved as well

Don't really care where CWS is ranked, jsut want to win already