Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas_Ventura_Roberts

Steve Stone Says the White Sox are Working Hard on These Trades

Recommended Posts

Steve Stones said the Sox are keenly interested and working hard on trying to acquire starting pitching.  He also said a left-handed hitting outfielder is a need.  Presuming that Steve would have some insider knowledge, I wonder what pitcher or pitchers the White Sox are trying to acquire.  Will we see an exciting trade along these lines by Wednesday?  Would love to know who they are asking about and what they would be willing to give up in each scenario.  Until recently, one name that I would not have put up in the possible give up list would have been Zach Collins, but that might be a name that has value that they are dangling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Thomas_Ventura_Roberts said:

It was a twitter quote.  You can see it on his twitter page.

 

I just looked through all his replies and tweest in the last 24 hrs, and I don't see anything mentioning potential trades that you suggest in the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I just looked through all his replies and tweest in the last 24 hrs, and I don't see anything mentioning potential trades that you suggest in the OP.

This is what OP is referencing.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomas_Ventura_Roberts said:

Steve Stones said the Sox are keenly interested and working hard on trying to acquire starting pitching.  He also said a left-handed hitting outfielder is a need.  Presuming that Steve would have some insider knowledge, I wonder what pitcher or pitchers the White Sox are trying to acquire.  Will we see an exciting trade along these lines by Wednesday?  Would love to know who they are asking about and what they would be willing to give up in each scenario.  Until recently, one name that I would not have put up in the possible give up list would have been Zach Collins, but that might be a name that has value that they are dangling.

Probably best to not know the names.  The forums would go nuts for 5 days of speculation and if nothing happened the depression would settle in for the next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably Corey Dickerson who’s overpaid with a small market team...injury-plagued....and doesn’t require shelling out for Marcell Ozuna.

More likely the LH power comes from the dreaded DH spot we can never seem to fill adequately but consistently overpay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no doubt that the White Sox are looking to add controllable starting pitching, but we're talking more about guys like Nova than anything of substance, in my humble opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, spiderman said:

I have no doubt that the White Sox are looking to add controllable starting pitching, but we're talking more about guys like Nova than anything of substance, in my humble opinion.

Yup, the Sox are definitely targeting a $80M payroll and third place finish next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, the Sox are definitely targeting a $80M payroll and third place finish next year.

I don't think they are targeting that. I just don't think they are going to pay a big price via trade for a starting pitcher right now. In the off-season, that could change. If they can find some controllable starter for next season without giving up much, they may be interested. If you look at the rotation, Giolioto, Lopez and Cease are going to be in the rotation. Kopech is likely too be assuming health. They do need a top of the line starter, but they also need insurance, maybe a 6th starter, veteran type who can come out of the bullpen who they can use from time to time to avoid overworking Kopech/Cease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spiderman said:

I don't think they are targeting that. I just don't think they are going to pay a big price via trade for a starting pitcher right now. In the off-season, that could change. If they can find some controllable starter for next season without giving up much, they may be interested. If you look at the rotation, Giolioto, Lopez and Cease are going to be in the rotation. Kopech is likely too be assuming health. They do need a top of the line starter, but they also need insurance, maybe a 6th starter, veteran type who can come out of the bullpen who they can use from time to time to avoid overworking Kopech/Cease.

My bad, I didn’t realize you meant right now.  That makes much more sense, but I still think they’ll be shooting for something better than Nova.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, spiderman said:

I don't think they are targeting that. I just don't think they are going to pay a big price via trade for a starting pitcher right now. In the off-season, that could change. If they can find some controllable starter for next season without giving up much, they may be interested. If you look at the rotation, Giolioto, Lopez and Cease are going to be in the rotation. Kopech is likely too be assuming health. They do need a top of the line starter, but they also need insurance, maybe a 6th starter, veteran type who can come out of the bullpen who they can use from time to time to avoid overworking Kopech/Cease.

Of course the issue with waiting for the off season is the price of pitching goes sky-high especially free agents and a bunch of other teams get involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×