Super Nova vs Twinkies (7/27)

Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I hope the Twins deplete their farm system going for it this year then don't hit at all if they make the playoffs!!

Hopefully. Problem is Marlins gave them an okay prospect back in return for an okay prospect. Hitter for pitcher, but not much depleting yet.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

For real this time or is this like the time you said Tiger couldn't putt anymore during the weekend he won the Masters?

Collins is better than Reed. He may never have the career Castillo has had.

That quote was misconstrued. I talked about TW's alignment being off with the putter. He made the fix that before his round Friday and the rest is history. 

With regard to the Sox, Reed is really bad, Collins is worse. Like choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich....I heard that somewhere before. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

That quote was misconstrued. I talked about TW's alignment being off with the putter. He made the fix that before his round Friday and the rest is history. 

With regard to the Sox, Reed is really bad, Collins is worse. Like choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich....I heard that somewhere before. 

I've seen that you've completely turned on Collins, and even I think you need to back off him a bit.  He very likely won't amount to much, but he's still worthy of more at bats in the majors.  He was never going to be someone that would hit above .220 or so in the majors, as he could barely do that in the minors.

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hopefully. Problem is Marlins gave them an okay prospect back in return for an okay prospect. Hitter for pitcher, but not much depleting yet.

Crap.  Damn competent Twins front office strikes again!!

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Instead of missing 92 mph fastballs, Abreu has resorted to missing hanging 83 mph sliders

There's just nothing special about him.  Thankfully he's likable, or else I feel we would really despise him.

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

When Robert gets up and solidifies himself, should he be the leadoff hitter or hit in a run producing spot in the lineup?

I would say he should lead off. Let Madrigal hit 2 so he can put the bat on the ball and move LR to 3rd after he steals second. Then you have Moncada and Eloy

Here's what I don't get....people in the media, including Farmer and DJ last night, keep pointing out how McCann is fatigued due to workload.  With that in mind, why do they keep putting him at DH on nights he's not catching?  All they're doing is running him into the ground.  Also, the Sox have to be getting the worst DH production in the history of baseball since the DH was adopted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

I've seen that you've completely turned on Collins, and even I think you need to back off him a bit.  He very likely won't amount to much, but he's still worthy of more at bats in the majors.  He was never going to be someone that would hit above .220 or so in the majors, as he could barely do that in the minors.

I've thought he sucks for for 18 months and I believe him to be a non-prospect. He shouldn't be taking at bats from actual major league players. I'd rather Reed get the ABs than Collins. Collins flat out sucks. I dont know how anyone who hits .234 in A+ could possibly be considered an actual prospect. That guy's lack of contact would be exploited at the MLB level, and he was lost at the plate based on the fact that he had 14 K in 26 AB. 

Zack Collins is not a prospect. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

From me.. but I got that off south park. I say it alot here though. 

Brewers have the tying run at third against our old friend Derek Holland.  Cishek just got lit up.

Scratch that, another pitching change, third of the inning.  Chatwood in.  Two outs, Hiura up.

Indians could be just 1 GB and have an easy schedule the next three series following KC.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He keeps having to spend money to cover for his mistakes.  Their fans HATE Maddon right now.

Four pitchers inserted in less than one inning.  Finally over, 2-2 tie into the 9th.

Guess Kintzler is unavailable, or he doesn't trust him except the 6th/7th...which is weird if you look at the relievers he did choose. 

Edited by caulfield12

23 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I want to believe you but Mike Trout plays in the AL. 

Not for long...Bruce Levine thinks the Cubbies will get him for Schwarber....if the Angels are willing to pay some of Trout's salary 😎

18 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I would say he should lead off. Let Madrigal hit 2 so he can put the bat on the ball and move LR to 3rd after he steals second. Then you have Moncada and Eloy

So I'm gonna say they resign Abreu, going off what you say, here's my projected 2020 lineup...

Robert, Madrigal, Moncada, Eloy, Abreu, Anderson, McCann, DH, FA RF or Leury.

They need a left handed hitting DH.

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

So I'm gonna say they resign Abreu, going off what you say, here's my projected 2020 lineup...

Robert, Madrigal, Moncada, Eloy, Abreu, Anderson, McCann, DH, FA RF or Leury.

They need a left handed hitting DH.

Reed

😅