Super Nova vs Twinkies (7/27)

Moan4Yoan

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

It’s shocking how bad a $215 million roster Theo has built. 

We would all pray to be in their situation.  Give it a rest.  Your comments are ridiculous.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tony said:

Since Lester, has he really hit on a FA? I mean, he’s pissed away at least 300 million in just awful performances.

Darvish might work out in the end.  Zobrist paid for himself in 2016 and was surprisingly effective for his age until this year.

Overall, he’s better with trades, like Jesse Chavez last summer.

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Lol righ right.

I think when they finally have a good team, I think they can carry Engel as the 4th bench player purely for pinch running and late inning defensive replacement

Yeah I kind of hinted at it during the Tampa series. I said he'll be a bench guy for a playoff team, have a big hit/play and never have to buy a drink in that city again. Maybe, hopefully, it happens here. Engel seems like a different player since being recalled. It remains to be seen if he can keep it up offensively but as a baserunner and defender he can be useful

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah I kind of hinted at it during the Tampa series. I said he'll be a bench guy for a playoff team, have a big hit/play and never have to buy a drink in that city again. Maybe, hopefully, it happens here. Engel seems like a different player since being recalled. It remains to be seen if he can keep it up offensively but as a baserunner and defender he can be useful

Geoff Blum...can he still get a free drink in Chicago?  Shaller’s Pump closed...

You’re going to be hard-pressed to find four better than Contreras, Baez, Bryant, Rizzo...maybe Houston, Boston, Yankees or Dodgers can come up with three or four with similar value.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Lol. Someone is a little salty. 

Not at all.  Your comments are a joke.  Ripping on the Cubs when the Sox look like ass?  Okay...

I’m fairly confident one Chicago team will be making the playoffs and it isn’t the Sox.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

We would all pray to be in their situation.  Give it a rest.  Your comments are ridiculous.

Uh no. Going forward from right now and in to the coming years, I'll take the Sox situation over the Cubs situation 10 times out of 10.

1 minute ago, Sarava said:

Uh no. Going forward from right now and in to the coming years, I'll take the Sox situation over the Cubs situation 10 times out of 10.

Only if the Sox sign two top free agent starting pitchers.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

What do the Cubs have to do with the Sox? Caufield brought up what was going on in the Cubs game, I responded, which had ZERO to do with the Sox. 

The fact remains they have one the highest payrolls in the league and over the last 75 games have played .500 baseball. All this is happening when they are in their designed window. Theo has struck out on a number of FA signings, nothing related to the Sox. 

See, people can have conversations outside of how bad Jerry and Rick are and that the Sox won’t spend any money. Novel concept, but you’ll figure it out one day.

So the Cubs spend money and you say they are mediocre.  Meanwhile, the Sox likely won’t spend any money like the Cubs but we have to hope they will be mediocre.  Great logic.

Maybe you’ll figure out one day that Reinsdorf is the problem, not pissed off fans.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Wait, what? Have the Cubs not been mediocre? Have their signings not been bad? Are you somehow trying to say the Sox should spend money, even if it’s poorly spent? 

Again, I never once brought up the Sox. You did. Their situations have no comparison. You can critique the Cubs situation and also criticize the Sox, like I’ve done in the past. You’re not making any sense, junior. 

Let’s reconvene when Cole, Ozuna, etc. sign elsewhere next offseason.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Let’s reconvene when Cole, Ozuna, etc. sign elsewhere next offseason.

They're not signing a bigtime Boras free agent, so let's not set ourselves up for that. but I feel they'll make the moves one way or another. It might be via trade. in the meantime, why are you so defensive about the Cubs?

Just now, Tony said:

Oh my god, it’s actually worse than I thought. You can’t have an actual baseball conversation without discussing Rick Hahn and the White Sox not spending money. 

You said the Cubs have wasted a lot of money in FA signings.  My point is who cares?  They have earned a much bigger following and fanbase in which they can whiff on signings and have it not even impact them.  Would you rather be in the Cubs situation or the Sox situation where they have to sweat every dollar spent?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tony said:

Oh my god, it’s actually worse than I thought. You can’t have an actual baseball conversation without discussing Rick Hahn and the White Sox not spending money. 

At least he’s stopped listing out all the salaries of the guys Hahn acquired this offseason over & over again.  I honestly never thought we’d see the end of that.

25 minutes ago, Sarava said:

They're not signing a bigtime Boras free agent, so let's not set ourselves up for that. but I feel they'll make the moves one way or another. It might be via trade. in the meantime, why are you so defensive about the Cubs?

Because he’s a fucking hater and knows hyping up the Cubs pisses off Sox fans...

Will happily take the disastrous Kimbrel line tonight for the fantasy team.

Crazy...Yelich and Huira homers to chalk it off.

Saladino walked in the middle of all that, he’s like 8/60 on the season but had grand slams Sunday and Monday...talking about role players who will be eligible for free beer for life in Wisconsin.

Huira picked 9th, two spots before Burger at 11th.  Jo Adell, one of the best prospects in baseball now, selected 10th.

Edited by caulfield12