The rest of the way...

ScootsMcGoots

I don't care if this team doesn't make a wildcard push, it's unrealistic now anyways. I didn't really care for it at the beginning of the season. No,  i don't care about contention this year. 

I care about this team playing good baseball.

I care about the starters making good pitches and being efficient,  and Nova not being the best pitcher on this rotation. I care about sustained success from Giolito, not over achieving halves. I care about a rebound from Lopez, which seems to be happening. I care about watching Cease grow and develop into the starter we all know he can be, it's probably a good thing he's taking his lumps now.

I care about Moncada and Anderson continuing their mammoth seasons and what a site for sore eyes after last year...definitely gives me hope for the other guys that come up and struggle initially.

I care first and foremost about Jimenez health...does one more injury in the outfield doom him to DH? I feel like he has potential to be an average fielder out there, but his bat is way more valuable. Can't wait for him to start putting fear into other teams. Dude will be our number 3 hitter for years. Love seeing it unfold before our eyes.

I care about McCann, hopefully being the future leader of this team and hopefully he sustains the offensive production he has been giving. Quite possibly could turn out to be the best free agent signing of Hahn's tenure. Lets hope not.

I care about Bummer and Marshall becoming future anchors in this pen. I have hopes for Fry too. Can Covey be the long man of the next contending team?

What do YOU care about?

Edited by ScooterMcGee

17 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I don't care if this team doesn't make a wildcard push, it's unrealistic now anyways. I didn't really care for it at the beginning of the season. No,  i don't care about contention this year. 

I care about the starters making good pitches and being efficient,  and Nova not being the best pitcher on this rotation. I care about sustained success from Giolito, not over achieving halves. I care about a rebound from Lopez, which seems to be happening. I care about watching Cease grow and develop into the starter we all know he can be, it's probably a good thing he's taking his lumps now.

I care about Moncada and Anderson continuing their mammoth seasons and what a site for sore eyes after last year...definitely gives me hope for the other guys that come up and struggle initially.

I care first and foremost about Jimenez health...does one more injury in the outfield doom him to DH? I feel like he has potential to be an average fielder out there, but his bat is way more valuable. Can't wait for him to start putting fear into other teams. Dude will be our number 3 hitter for years. Love seeing it unfold before our eyes.

I care about McCann, hopefully being the future leader of this team and hopefully he sustains the offensive production he has been giving. Quite possibly could turn out to be the best free agent signing of Hahn's tenure. Lets hope not.

I care about Bummer and Marshall becoming future anchors in this pen. I have hopes for Fry too. Can Covey be the long man of the next contending team?

What do YOU care about?

I care about having the right manager and coaching staff to get it done.

What is really important right now is an objective analysis of this rebuild and plans for moving the team forward. I don't want the FO to put on the rebuild autopilot and coast. At this point, it has to be known where the team is strong and where the team needs to improve. I don't have big expectations for 2020, but I want to see a competitive club and would like to see less of these lopsided losses. It would also help if the offense wouldn't strike out in double digits in games. Plainly, there has to be a sense of direction.

3 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

What do YOU care about?

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=15172&position=SS

We should be realistic about Anderson.  2.5 fWAR is probably his norm, 3ish in a really good season.  He’s not going to hurt you there (right around league average), but his OBP will always drag his value along with his careless defensive mistakes.  Mammoth is pushing it, at any rate...his leadership, energy and swagger were all definitely missed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

What do YOU care about?

I think the Sox already have their leader and his name is Tim Anderson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joshua Strong said:

I think the Sox already have their leader and his name is Tim Anderson

I like Tim, I do, but I think he might be a little too focused on himself rather than the team as a whole. That could just be me, but after following him on instagram and seeing him play, he seems to be very inwardly focused on himself a lot more than the team, and maybe at this stage it isn't necessarily a bad thing

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I like Tim, I do, but I think he might be a little too focused on himself rather than the team as a whole. That could just be me, but after following him on instagram and seeing him play, he seems to be very inwardly focused on himself a lot more than the team, and maybe at this stage it isn't necessarily a bad thing

I don’t get or see that at all. He’s someone who invest a lot into the community too. He’s certainly done his part to make the Sox revenant again and all he had to do was be himself. So might be just you on that one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

I don’t get or see that at all. He’s someone who invest a lot into the community too. He’s certainly done his part to make the Sox revenant again and all he had to do was be himself. So might be just you on that one. 

Might be. I forgot about the community aspect. And he has opened up a lot this year compared to years past.

I love great defense. The Dodgers defense leads MLB in runs saved with +93. The Sox are near the bottom at -35. With the approximate value of 10 runs saved equals 1 extra win, the Dodgers are 13 wins better just defensively than the Sox. Probably 20 by seasons end. If we played Dodger defense we could have 90 wins instead of 70 even with the same bad pitching and hitting. Lots to do in this regard. 

7 minutes ago, Baker said:

I love great defense. The Dodgers defense leads MLB in runs saved with +93. The Sox are near the bottom at -35. With the approximate value of 10 runs saved equals 1 extra win, the Dodgers are 13 wins better just defensively than the Sox. Probably 20 by seasons end. If we played Dodger defense we could have 90 wins instead of 70 even with the same bad pitching and hitting. Lots to do in this regard. 

Could see 78-80 wins, but there's no way with a rotation including Covey, Nova, Despaigne, Banuelos, Santana, etc., that you're getting to a 90 win team.

I suppose it would be a good talking point for Hahn at SoxFest..."well, if we improve the defense, which will definitely happen with Robert and Madrigal, we'll be right on the cusp of the wild card hunt."

9 minutes ago, Baker said:

I remember when Samardja was here he glared at his defenders a few times. Probably why he had his worst season here. I feel sorry for our young core coming up. What FA agent pitcher would come here?  

He had stone hands Micah Johnson at 2nd

21 minutes ago, Baker said:

I remember when Samardja was here he glared at his defenders a few times. Probably why he had his worst season here. I feel sorry for our young core coming up. What FA agent pitcher would come here?  

Once Robert, Madrigal, & Vaughn get up here, I’m not sure there will be a ton of pain points defensively.  LF will obviously be a weakness and we don’t know who will be manning RF, but we’d have good to great defenders pretty much everywhere else.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Once Robert, Madrigal, & Vaughn get up here, I’m not sure there will be a ton of pain points defensively.  LF will obviously be a weakness and we don’t know who will be manning RF, but we’d have good to great defenders pretty much everywhere else.

Vaughn is graded as above-average but not exceptional at 1B, right?  Concerns about handedness and height, probably...

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Robert, Madrigal, and Yo are really the only plus defenders we'd have.  We aren't going to be good defensively but we should score a lot of runs and have a good rotation.