Twins @ Sox 7/28

27 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

All the people who complain about how negative this forum can get, well, I'm sorry but all you can be is angry, upset and negative with a game like this happens today. 

It's Sunday  with a great crowd, and we trot out this lineup. Don't you think that deserves some negative, angry and snarky comments about management. 

In front of this same great crowd, we start a pitcher, who in three seasons has a 6 and 27 record, 6 and 27. Don't you think that demands, not deserves, but demands some angry comments and negative snipes. 

Then, right as the game is finally having some excitment for the fans and the Sox have the bases loaded with a chance to entertain that big crowd, up to bat comes Castillo with his .181 batting average, who then strikes out, and he is followed by our dumpster dive pickup Reed (we DFAed Alonso so this guy could play?) who proceeds to strike out on three pitches. 

It's really hard for me to see any reason to be happy, rosy, or optimistic.  What this calls for is a futile and stupid gesture on somebody's part. 

r_-Y7APl3UTXXKOsQ4Ggz8QLBf6aS7fxPGzFYL_L

This and then some. There are times when the White Sox look good and provide some hope. But, there days like this one, when they don't look like a major league baseball team. And there are too many days like this one.

5 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Ubering home now, what an awful, awful game.  Hopefully we can get some piece back by the deadline.

To be fair, Twins had a better player at 8 of the 9 positions and facing a pitcher with a win percentage less than 20 pct in his career.

Reed: 

6/34 

Collins: 2/26

Both have 1 HR   and 14 k

How come what you've seen out of Reed is enough to say that he sucks but you can't say the same about Collins? 

That is why I bring him up. If Reed sucks, so does Collins. I just want everyone to admit that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

How about those Rays and Blue Jays...over two consecutive days, each team blew a 7 run lead, or multiple 7 run leads.

That just never used to happen before the baseball was changed to create even more offensive fireworks.  Or the Padres/Rockies series earlier in the season.

25 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Reed: 

6/34 

Collins: 2/26

Both have 1 HR   and 14 k

How come what you've seen out of Reed is enough to say that he sucks but you can't say the same about Collins? 

That is why I bring him up. If Reed sucks, so does Collins. I just want everyone to admit that. 

A lot of guys struggle out of the gate. No one expects Collins to be great. They do expect a good OBP guy but he was given inconsistent opportunity. With Reed you expect nothing. Reed was tossed away by a great Houston organization. 

You may end up being right but no need to give up on Collins yet.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Ubering home now, what an awful, awful game.  Hopefully we can get some piece back by the deadline.

Rick Hahn is garbage, always was and always will be, I hope you did not  have to give this garbage organization 1 penny of your hard earned money.

53 minutes ago, napa_soxfan said:

Truly a depressing game. Funbad for a while, but for the first game I’ve had a chance to actually watch in ages, its embarrassing for the fans who stuck around and paid good money. 

This game took me way back to 1970, another year the White Sox were "rebuilding." Baltimore was in town and they had the Robinsons, Paul Blair, Boog Powell and a great pitching staff. They would win the Series that year. Anyway, in this particular game, a White Sox center fielder named Buddy Bradford let a fly ball go off the end of his glove, and it went over the center field fence for a three-run homer. Baltimore won 18-2. This is what is called White Sox PTSD.

Some say lopsided losses like this are no different than losing a tighter game. True, they count the same in the standings. But this has happened too often this season, and it is embarrassing. You still want to look like a major league team, even in defeat.

43 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

They should have optioned his sorry ass to A

They should have cut his sorry ass. There is absolutely no reason, none to ever see this clown throw a pitch in a Sox uniform again. Let him be somebody else's problem.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

One of the worst hitters I’ve seen in a Sox jersey. Legit looks like he can’t bend over.

The shocker is that all he had to do was show up and he gets a spot in the lineup. He should be in Charlotte clearly. 

38 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

This game took me way back to 1970, another year the White Sox were "rebuilding." Baltimore was in town and they had the Robinsons, Paul Blair, Boog Powell and a great pitching staff. They would win the Series that year. Anyway, in this particular game, a White Sox center fielder named Buddy Bradford let a fly ball go off the end of his glove, and it went over the center field fence for a three-run homer. Baltimore won 18-2. This is what is called White Sox PTSD.

Some say lopsided losses like this are no different than losing a tighter game. True, they count the same in the standings. But this has happened too often this season, and it is embarrassing. You still want to look like a major league team, even in defeat.

I think I was there too. Powell parked one on the roof. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic