40 Man Trash

Dickie Kerr

Clearly, this organization has a long way to go to even be mediocre. Here’s a list of our 40-man trash that could be released without a blink:

Banuelos

Cordero

Covey

Detweiler

Frare 

Fulmer

Herrera

Jones

Medeiros

Nova

Osich

Ruiz 

Vieira

Castillo 

Zavala

Reed

Goins

Sanchez

Engel

Jay

Cordell

Palka

Tilson

Look at that list. Take it all in. The idea that this team is remotely close to contending is laughable.

Thank you JR. You can’t disappear soon enough.

Edited by Dickie Kerr
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I’ve officially gone to the dark side. Been supportive of this team for 30 years, consider myself a diehard, and will forever be one. But I’m finally pissed off and your list captures it perfectly. Zero depth means we got every ounce of remaining optimism hinging on a handful of players. 

Any other teams in mlb with 2 sub-200 avg players, a powerless cleanup hitter, and a pitcher with a 7 era playing in front of a great home crowd today? 

What a damn shame. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, napa_soxfan said:

I’ve officially gone to the dark side. Been supportive of this team for 30 years, consider myself a diehard, and will forever be one. But I’m finally pissed off and your list captures it perfectly. Zero depth means we got every ounce of remaining optimism hinging on a handful of players. 

Any other teams in mlb with 2 sub-200 avg players, a powerless cleanup hitter, and a pitcher with a 7 era playing in front of a great home crowd today? 

What a damn shame. 

It's even sadder that a crowd of 20,000+ is considered some sort of victory for the organization...

26 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's even sadder that a crowd of 20,000+ is considered some sort of victory for the organization...

I remember a headline in the Sun-Times some decades ago where it was considered news that the White Sox drew a little over 18,000 for a Sunday doubleheader. Owner John Allyn was beside himself with happiness. The White Sox lost that doubleheader to a second year expansion team and were never heard from again.

57 minutes ago, napa_soxfan said:

What a damn shame. 

Welcome aboard !

I will say this, if you lasted that long why not hold off for another couple months.  I want to see the OD roster in April and that will tell me everything there is to know about this FO.

I think Ricky Renteria is a horse shit manager and would like nothing more than to see him replaced.

However, this is the bottom feeding trash he has to send out there.  Hahn and Kenny should be fired as well.  We have sucked for a decade and have a depleted farm after some call ups.  We have zero org depth and can hardly plug and play any of this stuff.  Disgraceful. 

31 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I think Ricky Renteria is a horse shit manager and would like nothing more than to see him replaced.

However, this is the bottom feeding trash he has to send out there.  Hahn and Kenny should be fired as well.  We have sucked for a decade and have a depleted farm after some call ups.  We have zero org depth and can hardly plug and play any of this stuff.  Disgraceful. 

I mean, we’ve pretty much been rail-roaded with injuries on the pitching side.  Rodon & Kopech should both be in the rotation, Dunning would have probably been pushing for a spot right now, and Lambert was one of our better, more advanced prospects.  All those guys lost for the season.  On the bullpen side, losing Jones, Hamilton, & Burr (and Burdi to a lesser extent) for the year forced us to give fringier guys opportunities.  That’s a lot of injuries to overcome for any organization.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Good thing you only need 25 for a roster. The starting lineup by 2021 will be incredible. We just need to relax through this absolute garbage now and hope they buy two really really good starting pitchers. The doldrums of 30-40 on most teams doesn't look pretty I'm sure.

Maybe not. This organization seems to have brittle players. 

32 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Good thing you only need 25 for a roster. The starting lineup by 2021 will be incredible. We just need to relax through this absolute garbage now and hope they buy two really really good starting pitchers. The doldrums of 30-40 on most teams doesn't look pretty I'm sure.

The burden of proof is on you. There is plenty of reason to doubt your optimism.

And I’m not talking about roster slots 30-40. Note that there are 23 players listed above.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, we’ve pretty much been rail-roaded with injuries on the pitching side.  Rodon & Kopech should both be in the rotation, Dunning would have probably been pushing for a spot right now, and Lambert was one of our better, more advanced prospects.  All those guys lost for the season.  On the bullpen side, losing Jones, Hamilton, & Burr (and Burdi to a lesser extent) for the year forced us to give fringier guys opportunities.  That’s a lot of injuries to overcome for any organization.

I mean you hit the nail on the head right there. Without the injuries, this team would probably be good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dickie Kerr said:

Clearly, this organization has a long way to go to even be mediocre. Here’s a list of our 40-man trash that could be released without a blink:

Banuelos

Cordero

Covey

Detweiler

Frare 

Fulmer

Herrera

Jones

Medeiros

Nova

Osich

Ruiz 

Vieira

Castillo 

Zavala

Reed

Goins

Sanchez

Engel

Jay

Cordell

Palka

Tilson

Look at that list. Take it all in. The idea that this team is remotely close to contending is laughable.

Herrera is owed too much to be released. Sanchez can be removed from the list as well, unless they were to keep Garcia.

2 hours ago, harkness99 said:

this is what has been bothering me... if we are rebuilding... where is the young talent?

I don't see enough of it.

As others have explained, a lot of it hit the IL.

27 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Without Injuries the Yankees might have lost 10 games all year by that standard. 

To be fair, Cashman is by far the best GM in the league.

22 minutes ago, Quin said:

As others have explained, a lot of it hit the IL.

To be fair, Cashman is by far the best GM in the league.

How can we say that when the Red Sox have four World Series titles to the Yankees’ one over the last 18 seasons?

To judge the GM with the most resources to work with...and compare him to Billy Beane, the Atlanta Braves organization, Friedman in Tampa and LA, Antonetti and Chernoff in Cleveland, etc.  That’s an impossible task.

But the obvious choice at any rate is Jeff Luhnow...other than DFAing JD Martinez and picking Appel over Bryant, almost every big move has gone right for them, with the possible exception of bringing Osuna with his questionable background on board.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dickie Kerr said:

Banuelos

Cordero

Covey

Detweiler

Frare 

Fulmer

Herrera

Jones

Medeiros

Nova

Osich

Ruiz 

Vieira

Castillo 

Zavala

Reed

Goins

Sanchez

Engel

Jay

Cordell

Palka

Tilson

Can't argue with you. All those players are definitely no good, many so bad it's laughable.

5 hours ago, Dickie Kerr said:

The burden of proof is on you. There is plenty of reason to doubt your optimism.

And I’m not talking about roster slots 30-40. Note that there are 23 players listed above.

That's not how it works. You're the one making the claim that the optimism should be doubted, so the burden of proof is actually on YOU. Someone has debunked your brief correctly. It's now your job to try and debunk his proof.

As someone else correctly posted, 26-40 is pretty much irrelevant.

Of the 23 players you mentioned, pretty much all of them won't be on the team in 2020, much less 2021. So to use that list to doubt the future is not a strong platform to support your argument.

The Sox farm is stacked and there's a lot of guys currently on the IL (I mean A LOT) that will be off it in 2020. Plenty of talent that is still waiting in the wings. Just have to look a little. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dan of Steel said:

That's not how it works. You're the one making the claim that the optimism should be doubted, so the burden of proof is actually on YOU. Someone has debunked your brief correctly. It's now your job to try and debunk his proof.

As someone else correctly posted, 26-40 is pretty much irrelevant.

Of the 23 players you mentioned, pretty much all of them won't be on the team in 2020, much less 2021. So to use that list to doubt the future is not a strong platform to support your argument.

The Sox farm is stacked and there's a lot of guys currently on the IL (I mean A LOT) that will be off it in 2020. Plenty of talent that is still waiting in the wings. Just have to look a little. 

Our farm is not stacked, at all.  After Madrigal and Robert promotions we have Vaughn.  Dunning too as long as he returns to form after surgery.  Thats pretty much all we have aside from fringe 4th OF types.

• Like 1