Lol...Stroman to Mets

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thanks, really doesn’t make any sense for the Mets, although the price wasn’t that bad and they should get a comp pick for him after the 2020 season if he stays healthy.  Will be interesting to see what they get for Thor & Wheeler.

Don't think they are trading both thor and wheeler. Seemed like idea trade thor and keep wheeler. Maybe even sign him to a extension. Also seen mets are wanting major league or really close to players back. Want to go for it again in 2020

Edited by aeichhor

https://nypost.com/2019/07/28/mets-face-obstacles-in-dream-noah-syndergaard-trade-scenario/

Will disagree with one assessment of Sherman here...Mejia was injured this spring (despite his gaudy numbers) and has really been MUCH better since returning from the minors, both offensively and defensively.  Finding a catcher in this day and age that can hit and throw well is exceedingly difficult, along with increasing plate framing awareness...and Mejia's flexible/athletic enough to play LF/RF as well.

Agree 100% with him on Urias, I wouldn't make him the centerpiece of any trade if I was another organization.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So the Mets gave up two pitching prospects, but Fangraphs had neither guy as even a FV 50.  Does anyone know how BA & MLBpipeline ranked these guys?  I know they were high draft picks, but it doesn’t appear either was a top 100 type.

Neither guy is in mlb.com top 100. Seems like a very weak return.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=nym

Edited by wrathofhahn

Anthony Kay, LHP

The 31st overall pick in 2016, Kay didn't pitch after signing due to an elbow injury and missed all of 2017 after having Tommy John surgery. He returned last year and has flown up the system, reaching Triple-A this year in just his second season on the mound. Kay is a power lefthander with a fastball that sits at 93 mph and regularly reaches 95-96 mph. He complements his fastball with a high-spin, top-to-bottom curveball he locates to sides of the plate and a changeup that flashes above-average with sink at the bottom of the zone. Kay's arsenal is that of a mid-rotation starter or better, but his control and command are inconsistent and make him a future back-end starter in the eyes of most evaluators. He is nearly major league ready and could make his debut this year.

Simeon Woods-Richardson, RHP

The Mets' second-round pick last year, Woods-Richardson made his full-season debut this year and earned raves as one of the best pitchers in the low Class A South Atlantic League despite a pedestrian 4.25 ERA. Woods-Richardson is a 6-foot-3 righthander who pounds the strike zone with a power arsenal. His four-seam fastball reaches 95-96 mph and his cutter sits at 92 mph, giving him two hard offerings to front his four-pitch mix. His 12-to-6 breaking ball has hard downward action and shows the potential to be an impact pitch, and his changeup flashes average. Woods-Richardson struggles leaving the ball up and gets hit as a result sometimes, but evaluators feel he can be an impact starter once he learns to work the edges of the strike zone. He earns wide praise for his fearless, bulldog mentality on the mound and aggressiveness in attacking hitters.

baseballamerica.com

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

They got the Mets 4th and 6th prospects.  Both guys look like nice pitching prospects — a lefty and a righty.

They also traded Stroman who had two years of control and is putting up ace like numbers. I think they should have gotten more Anthony Kay is pretty old it's a make or break year for him and he's struggled hard since being promoted to AAA.

I like Woods-Richardson but mote as the third guy in a deal. I think Kay and Richardson where fine but they should have gotten a top 100 prospect in addition to that and the fact that the Mets system was trash which resulted in Kay being ranked 4th and Richardson 7th doesn't mean much. The Toronto system which has had a ton of promotions this year in Jansen, Vlad and Biggio still have him ranked a spot higher then the mets.

I don't think Kay is much of a prospect he projects as a back end guy at this point. Not an exciting return if I am a blue jay fan.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/marcus-stroman-trade-evaluating-the-prospects-the-blue-jays-will-receive-in-return-and-what-the-deal-means/

Edited by wrathofhahn

2 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

They also traded Stroman who had two years of control. I think they should have gotten more Anthony Kay is pretty old it's a make or break year for him and he's struggled hard since being promoted to AAA.

I like Woods-Richardson but mote as the third guy in a deal. I think Kay and Richardson where fine but they should have gotten a top 100 prospect in addition to that and the fact that the Mets system was trash which resulted in Kay being ranked 4th and Richardson 7th doesn't mean much. The Toronto system which has had a ton of promotions this year in Jansen, Vlad and Biggio still have him ranked a spot higher then the mets.

I don't think Kay is much of a prospect he projects as a back end guy at this point.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/marcus-stroman-trade-evaluating-the-prospects-the-blue-jays-will-receive-in-return-and-what-the-deal-means/

Only one year of Stroman, he’s a free agent after the 2020 season.

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep, one year of control.  For only one year of control, I don’t think the return is that bad.

Are you sure about that Bref has him a free agent AFTER 2020.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/stromma01.shtml

Which means he isn't a rental. Not sure where your guys math is coming from

Edited by wrathofhahn

7 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Are you sure about that Bref has him a free agent AFTER 2020.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/stromma01.shtml

Which means he isn't a rental. Not sure where your guys math is coming from

Yes, he’s an UFA in 2021, so one more full season of control.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york-mets/marcus-stroman-15687/

1.5 years of control.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

12 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

So he was lying in his tweet?

People do that? Just tell lies on the internet? 😫