Cordell Optioned; Anderson reinstated; Fulmer recalled

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I watched a couple of Tim's AB's sunday and he did not look good.  No one wants Tim back more than I do but I want him 100% healthy and ready to go and not because the team is a lifeless sack of crap without him.   

Didn't look good as in he was in pain from the ankle? Just checking his brief stats, it doesn't look the line of guy who looked bad at the plate.

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Good.  It's decision time on him.  Let him work out of the bullpen the rest of the season.  If he shows he can be part of the future, great.  If not, he gets released in the off season (or sooner). There is no reason for him to still be in the minors.   

This has been my sentiment for a couple months.  Let him pitch here.  If he still sucks or isn't improving fine, don't bring him back.

Fulmer will be with us until the 5th spot comes up again at which point we'll call up Hector. Whether Fulmer stays past that point will probably depend on who among the players with minor league options is rested.

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

No harm in giving Fulmer one more shot.  I hope they keep him in the pen the rest of the season.  Fulmer will be out of options next season, so its time to give him one last whirl.  

Man, how many times have we said this?  😩

9 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Man, how many times have we said this?  😩

Well, we won’t be able to say it if it doesn’t work out for him out of ST next season, so it’s pretty much now or never for Carson in a Sox uni. 

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fulmer over his last six outings in AAA:  8.1 IP, 16.2 K/9, 2.2 BB/9, 1.1 HR/9, 3.24 ERA, 2.32 FIP

Kid has earned one last shot out of the pen.

The bold is what intrigues me. SSS obviously but no matter how good the results have appeared at AAA, they have always come with a ridiculously high walk rate. Hopefully the trend continues. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Fulmer was eighth overall pick in 2015 draft. Glad I didn't pay attention to that draft. Poor guy doesn't seem to have what it takes.

Yeah I noticed you weren't as focused on the 2015 draft. You usually pay much more attention to the draft

19 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

No harm in giving Fulmer one more shot.  I hope they keep him in the pen the rest of the season.  Fulmer will be out of options next season, so its time to give him one last whirl.  

This