Sox vs. Mets - Tues, July 30th, 2019

smalls2598

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Gonna be a lot of losses considering the remaining games against the Twins and Indians.

16 remaining...guess we can see how Puig does against the AL Central when he’s not being held back by teammates from a fight.

jimenez with the Golden Sombrero...Moncada with another ouchie, this game sucks...except for submarining Diaz’s trade value I guess.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, SoxAce said:

Golden sombrero for Eloy.

I’m still shocked at how bad the hit tool has been.  He needs to really get that going the next few years, as a bad fielding corner outfielder with big power but mediocre OBP is nothing special in today’s era.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I know he's young but that at bat by Eloy in the 9th was awful....swinging at the first 2 pitches way up and in from a struggling pitcher.  Very frustrating.

It’s almost like he would benefit from having a hitting coach that focuses on approach and stresses OBP

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Shop McCann

He’s seemingly has had multiple strikeouts in every game since the ASB. Only the Sox can have two offensive all stars who immediately fall off a cliff after the break.

Edited by fathom

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m still shocked at how bad the hit tool has been.  He needs to really get that going the next few years, as a bad fielding corner outfielder with big power but mediocre OBP is nothing special in today’s era.

Me too. I'm beginning to wonder a bit about him. Not that he won't be a MLB player, but maybe that he's Puig as a hitter with more power. Without the D/arm that is um, not that good. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

Nice game....until they ran out of pitchers and brought in the organizational minor leaguers, which is about 1/2 of the pitching staff.

Sox are about 8-10 major league pitchers short.

pitching was okay... the hitting.. as its been mostly lately was horrific.

How many games and opportunities has Renteria cost the Sox with his terrible lineup construction. He has to go. He’s been great with helping develop the players but he’s awful when it comes to maximizing the talents of the guys on the roster and he’s terrible when it comes to in game decisions. He has to go, he’s done his job. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

How many games and opportunities has Renteria cost the Sox with his terrible lineup construction. He has to go. He’s been great with helping develop the players but he’s awful when it comes to maximizing the talents of the guys on the roster and he’s terrible when it comes to in game decisions. He has to go, he’s done his job. 

You wouldn't have said that if Moncada didn't get hurt and had a 3-4 night with a homer and a couple rbis and Goins didn't have to hit cleanup all game...

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic