Sox vs. Mets - Tues, July 30th, 2019

smalls2598

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Ultimately the pitcher decides what to throw and how to execute that pitch, you are trying to defend a claim that is impossible to defend.

Throwing the same pitch 4 times in a row in the same location isn't horrible? What planet are you from???

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This start and Giolito's starts Thursday and vs. The Cubs in Wrigley are exhibit A for it. He walked right into the opposition's hands. 

The amount of 2 strike hits Sox pitchers are giving up with him behind the plate is astounding. On 4-5 of the hits Lopez gave up tonight, he was ahead in the count. 

Lol how is that his fault?

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

As horrible as the Madrigal pick or even worse?

The fucking pitcher decides what to throw. He has the ball in his hand. 

There's a huge misunderstanding about my opinion on Madrigal and Vaughn. I don't think they were bad picks per se, but I do think they were more risky than people realize. I don't like players with those types of profiles in the top 5. It's just a philosophy opinion. They both have a ton of positives about their games, but I wouldn't have taken a player like them until the 6-10 range. They definitely have talent, but not a ton of positional versatility. 

Madrigal has answered all of my questions and then some. He's great.  A lot of my criticisms of him were because I forgot he had a wrist injury. That excuses him. We'll wait and see with Vaughn.

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Someday we’ll have a real manager. I can’t wait. 

For whatever reason, I like our odds better of landing Gerrit Cole than actually hiring a quality, experienced manager, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming of the day when this nonsense finally ends.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

For whatever reason, I like our odds better of landing Gerrit Cole than actually hiring a quality, experienced manager, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming of the day when this nonsense finally ends.

Haha, touché.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic