Sox vs. Mets - Tues, July 30th, 2019

smalls2598

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You are nuts.  Go back and read what I said about Lopez tonight.  However, the offense blows regardless of Thor starting.  Also, McCann’s bat has fallen off a cliff.  Those thoughts are pretty undeniable.

Very true. I don't agree with you often, but I do here. 

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

All bashing on McCann who had a great 1st half and has slumped in the 2nd and all of a sudden he is who we thought he was. Too much weed? Short term memory loss ? If I have to see one more "Agreed" from you vultures I'll puke.

He was on a BABIP bender. C'mon dude. I like optimism but this is unicorns farting rainbows right here. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

All bashing on McCann who had a great 1st half and has slumped in the 2nd and all of a sudden he is who we thought he was. Too much weed? Short term memory loss ? If I have to see one more "Agreed" from you vultures I'll puke.

Which sample size do you believe more?  Four mediocre seasons with the Tigers or half a season of insane bats with the Sox?  You can believe what you want but you would be playing the bad side of the odds.

I'll always stan for @fathom . He watches more baseball than most, has a well-reasoned defense for his arguments, and ultimately wants the best for the team, even if he understands that there are hard moments along the way. He might think the sky is falling more than most, but he's been here and has been defensible in much he has said.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea yea yea blah blah blah everything positive is luck and everything bad is fact.

No, Moncada, Anderson and Giolito are legitimate positives. There is nothing lucky about their improvement. McCann is a different story and his game calling has been awful for a month and a half. 

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea yea yea blah blah blah everything positive is luck and everything bad is fact.

McCann may not be the insane hitter he was and he also may not be the awful hitter he has been in the second half so far.  Maybe he is somewhere in between?  But this shows why any extension talk was premature.  See what he does the rest of this season and bring him back on a one year arbitration deal next year.  Grandal is a FA and it’s worth seeing what McCann does the rest of the way before handing him the starting job for years to come.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Heads22 said:

I'll always stan for @fathom. He watches more baseball than most, has a well-reasoned defense for his arguments, and ultimately wants the best for the team, even if he understands that there are hard moments along the way. He might think the sky is falling more than most, but he's been here and has been defensible in much he has said.

I want the best for them too. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade though. 

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I'll always stan for @fathom . He watches more baseball than most, has a well-reasoned defense for his arguments, and ultimately wants the best for the team, even if he understands that there are hard moments along the way. He might think the sky is falling more than most, but he's been here and has been defensible in much he has said.

Thanks, but I’m still not going to say something nice about Iowa St

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I want the best for them too. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade though. 

McCann is a fine player. He's not a star but he's made adjustments and is likely about an average hitter with regression while being a nice back stop. 

Saying he stinks and ripping him because he's not hitting 330 anymore is a bit much.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

McCann may not be the insane hitter he was and he also may not be the awful hitter he has been on the second half so far.  Maybe he is somewhere in between?  But this shows why any extension talk was premature.  See what he does the rest of this season and bring him back on a one year arbitration deal next year.

Agreed

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

McCann is a fine player. He's not a star but he's made adjustments and is likely about an average hitter with regression while being a nice back stop. 

Saying he stinks and ripping him because he's not hitting 330 anymore is a bit much.

But is he a starter on a contender?

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Moncada clearly is the type that doesn’t like to play through pain. He’s made that quite evident. I doubt it is serious. 

I told people here he is a prima donna when it comes to minor injuries. Gotta take the bad with the good with him there.

Just now, SoxAce said:

I told people here he is a prima donna when it comes to minor injuries. Gotta take the bad with the good with him there.

Not that big of a deal, really. Just need to know it’s usually nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He is now hitting .280 with a .793 OPS.  His bat has quite literally fallen off a cliff.  It is what it is.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic