Vaughn to A+, Madrigal to AAA

Jose Abreu

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Leury should not be in RF after an entire offseason of time to improve on him.

He won't. They'll find a RF. Leury will be in CF until Robert arrives, perhaps play a bit of 2B thereafter until Madrigal arrives, and then be a valuable super sub / IL fill in.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

I have been hoping for a Sheets promotion. I would like to see him get a shot in the bigs before Vaughn gets called up. it would be nice to if he worked out to have him and Vaughn share time at 1b and DH in the future.

Would be really fun to see him hit in Charlotte with the short-porch in left field.

58 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Hypothetically swap Collins, Mercedes, Robert and Madrigal for Wellington, Reed, Jay and Sanchez

RF Leury 

CF Robert (21)

3B Moncada (24)

1B Abreu

LF Eloy (22)

SS Anderson (26) 

DH Collins (24)

C McCann

2B Madrgial (22)

Bench: Mercedes, Engel, Goins

Would Collins be the backup catcher in that scenario? If not, I don't see why we shouldn't try him at 1B and move Abreu to DH long term. Dont think Collins would be a downgrade from Jose in terms of defense.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

46 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Leury should not be in RF after an entire offseason of time to improve on him.

I wasn't even considering the offseason. Just illustrating the point that they could hypothetically go to that lineup right now.

Edited by raBBit

4 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

He was never really supposed to be in Kanny to begin with IMO, and put up a .388 OBP despite a .233 BABIP. 

Not to mention he's probably tired. Kid has played alot of baseball this year. I'm not even that big of a Vaughn fan, but I am a realist. 

Edited by SoxAce

4 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

I dont want to be negative, but what has Vaughn done to deserve a promotion?

It seems like they just have a schedule of when they're going to promote the top guys and their play doesnt effect it. 

He hasn't sucked. He was probably ready for high A from day 1 but after a long college season they wanted to give him an easy start which they should, the first two months were not for developing him but to get comfortable with the pro ball life.

They were probably calling him up anyway unless he had struggled a lot which he didn't.

4 hours ago, raBBit said:

Hypothetically swap Collins, Mercedes, Robert and Madrigal for Wellington, Reed, Jay and Sanchez

RF Leury 

CF Robert (21)

3B Moncada (24)

1B Abreu

LF Eloy (22)

SS Anderson (26) 

DH Collins (24)

C McCann

2B Madrgial (22)

Bench: Mercedes, Engel, Goins

I might swap Abreu and Eloy in this mock-up line-up, but only because I want to see that murderer’s row of Robert/Moncada/Jimenez back-to-back.    

Madrigal and Robert really should be in Chicago on 8/19, provided that Madrigal keeps raking. (I have no reason to believe he wouldn't) 

They're past the point in the rebuild where they should be playing silly service time games. Giolito, Lopez and Moncada are all here in 2020, maybe one will be here in 2026. Maximize 2020, and worry about 2026 later. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Madrigal and Robert really should be in Chicago on 8/19, provided that Madrigal keeps raking. (I have no reason to believe he wouldn't) 

They're past the point in the rebuild where they should be playing silly service time games. Giolito, Lopez and Moncada are all here in 2020, maybe one will be here in 2026. Maximize 2020, and worry about 2026 later. 

This gets so repetitive. It can’t be said enough....just be patient for 2.5 more months for Robert and save an extra year where hopefully he’s a superstar.  

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

This gets so repetitive. It can’t be said enough....just be patient for 2.5 more months for Robert and save an extra year where hopefully he’s a superstar.  

It's August and Eloy is still struggling. I don't want that to happen to Robert and Madrigal. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's August and Eloy is still struggling. I don't want that to happen to Robert and Madrigal. 

Eloy mashed in June. The main reason he's struggling this month is because he got injured and his timing isn't quite down yet (he's also had hits taken away from him from brilliant defensive shifts and a couple of shitty calls on strikeouts).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2019 at 8:32 PM, joejoedairy said:

Just to be clear, I'm happy they called him up. 

I just wonder if they have pre-determined schedules for calling guys up or if they go by performance.

I think it is both. Mostly predetermined but if had hit 100 with 36% Ks he wouldn't have been promoted.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:01 PM, SoxAce said:

Eloy mashed in June. The main reason he's struggling this month is because he got injured and his timing isn't quite down yet (he's also had hits taken away from him from brilliant defensive shifts and a couple of shitty calls on strikeouts).

That stuff is all part of the game though. Shifting has been around for 20 years and the rookie treatment from umps has been around forever. 

Also, I'm done arguing about Madrigal and Vaughn. They're both worthy of their draft slot, they just don't fit my personal philosophy. Madrigal has answered all of my questions. Vaughn hasn't had enough playing time yet, but as long as he rakes and hits HR, he's fine. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I'm not really worried about Eloy offensively.  He's played like half the year and has 18 bombs his first sniff.

He does need to polish up his approach in the offseason though a la Moncada.  As soon as he stops swinging at garbage and starts working counts he's going to be dominant.

Edited by BackDoorBreach