Sox Trade Nate Jones/INTL Slot to TEX for 2 Minor Leaguers

Sleepy Harold

good to know the sox will continue to not prioritize intl. 2 years to hone in on this period like a hawk and they signed a 22 year old with cuban league numbers that make Yolmer confident, and then shipped out the remaining amount for a 19 year old and a body to get some much needed cash relief from the burden of nate jones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I thought the Sox received some international bonus money at first, don’t likesending over a million in bonus money just to save some money.

"You see Jerry, the genius is it isn't even real money, so it's really like we are getting back $3 million! That's 1/3rd of Yonder's salary you so generously let us eat"

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

It means they probably don't plan on using it.

Yeah and that‘s what‘s so infuriating. People here dog them for their drafts, but I actually think they have been okay in that aspect.

Internationally they are a joke, teams like the Braves or Rangers run circles around them,

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, took about 3 minutes for the cheap narrative to come out in full force.  

The team is in a rebuild and was in a penalty box for 2 years. One of the rewards for losing is more international money to spend, plus they should have been working on this for a couple  of years. It's dissappointing they actually had $1 million they didn't spend.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

The team is in a rebuild and was in a penalty box for 2 years. One of the rewards for losing is more international money to spend, plus they should have been working on this for a couple  of years. It's dissappointing they actually had $1 million they didn't spend.

It’s almost as if the Sox and Bulls have something in common.  Also I hate lowering the return of the money you give up just to get rid of Nate’s deal.

Edited by fathom
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Yeah and that‘s what‘s so infuriating. People here dog them for their drafts, but I actually think they have been okay in that aspect.

Internationally they are a joke, teams like the Braves or Rangers run circles around them,

especially when its the epitome of the penny wise, pound foolish mindset.

• Like 1

I am also disappointed we didn't have the int prospects on which to spend the money.  However, if you don't spend the money it is lost.  Nate was most likely to be bought out and off the 40 man.  Getting anything, (I'm ignoring a 22yo in DSL) is a bonus.  19 yo is something.  Doesn't need 40 man protection like many of the AAAA players we acquired early in the rebuild.  Maybe he becomes something, maybe not.

2 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I am also disappointed we didn't have the int prospects on which to spend the money.  However, if you don't spend the money it is lost.  Nate was most likely to be bought out and off the 40 man.  Getting anything, (I'm ignoring a 22yo in DSL) is a bonus.  19 yo is something.  Doesn't need 40 man protection like many of the AAAA players we acquired early in the rebuild.  Maybe he becomes something, maybe not.

Obviously the Rangers plan to spend it on something. That's the dissappointment. I get they save $3 million, and they weren't spending any more, but the question I have is when you have a head start with this class, and have one of the biggest pools to use, why are you short?

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Obviously the Rangers plan to spend it on something. That's the dissappointment. I get they save $3 million, and they weren't spending any more, but the question I have is when you have a head start with this class, and have one of the biggest pools to use, why are you short?