Astros get Greinke

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Wow that's a lot. (based on prices from today) 

Beer and Bukauskas are good prospects. Not sure I understand an NL team acquiring Beer though. He should get flipped this offseason to an AL team. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Wow that's a lot. (based on prices from today) 

Beer and Bukauskas are good prospects. Not sure I understand an NL team acquiring Beer though. He should get flipped this offseason to an AL team. 

Could settle in at 1B.

Or flipped next dead line or off-season after another good season.

Edited by soxfan2014

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

If they just took on his contract, this would have been the perfect deal. All that said, I could see Astros flipping him in the off-season (and just buying him for the post-season push and than moving him elsewhere).  

The Astros aren't moving this guy in the offseason. Their #2 starter is a free agent. They make their playoff run this year with Verlander and Cole, then next year they have Verlander and Greinke at the top of their rotation with McCullers coming back from Tommy John Surgery. They might still need pitching next offseason overall.

What this does do is take an option away from the market if an org needed a front line starter but didn't want to pay for Cole.